+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "strive for five" question

Default "strive for five" question

Setting up a few new bushes with tubing. These are smaller bushes 100 to 300 taps. A few of these bushes I would like to set up with intentions of installing vac in the future.
    Question: If setting up bush for vac "strive for five " does so few taps per latt actually hurt a gravity set up?

if you plan on doing vac in the future go for 5. if it does hurt the gravity oh well. otherwise you will spend a lot to redo it later. because 10 to 20 on vac doesnt do so well.
    western territory manager for h2o innovation
    past professional tubing installer
    16x32 heavy timber frame sugarhouse
    2600 taps on vacuum
    [url]www.photobucket.com/grossmanbrothers[/url
    www.ohiomapleproducts.com

Unless you have very high tree denisty, you'll have to do a lot of zigging and zagging (and longer lats) to add more taps and that's not good for vacuum. Straight (mostly) and short is best ---not sure if that is the same w/o vacuum.

That is what I was thinking. I do not want to do things twice. I was not sure how much effect not having vac on a vac designed system would have. If that makes sense.

Mark out your mainlines with the strive for 5 in mind, then only put in every other mainline for now. Then when you switch to vac it will be quite simple.
    Thad

+ Reply to Thread