Question....my sugar bush is up on the side of a ridge in a small ravine. I was traveling back from a farm on the next ridge and while I was looking back at my sugar bush I noticed a very brown maple in the middle of the ravine. On closer inspection, this is a 20-25" single trunk, full canopy sugar maple that appears to have no trunk damage, healthy looking bark (no bugs, scrapes, etc) and a full canopy that has turned completely brown???? I have plenty of marginal trees, but this was definatly not one of them. The tree looks perfectly fine with the exception of all the leaves turning a crisp brown. Also, there are no other tree's in this ravine that have "turned" like this???? I've tapped this tree twice and both tap holes have (or are) healing fine. Any thoughts??? I've marked the tree and won't tap it this year....see what it looks like next spring. As a side note, we've had some pretty impressive lightning storms recently...I do not see any burn marks! Any one have any thoughts????

Thanks in advance.....