+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Maple Syrup Equipment Auction

Default Maple Syrup Equipment Auction

Maple Syrup Equipment Auction is Sept.15th in Orwell, Ohio. Details are on Auctionzip.com http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/au...064&category=0
    Last edited by christopherh; 07-21-2012 at 04:18 PM.
    12X16 Sugarhouse and 16x24 attached woodshed
    1000 taps
    120 3/16 tubing
    And still some buckets
    Becker U5.70 Rotary vane
    Leader 2X8 Reverse oil fired, Revolution Pans & Steam a way
    Lapierre Turbo 2000 600 GPH RO
    Leader Clear frame filter press
    John Deere Gator 6X4
    Indy 500 and a very large sled.
    Kubota M8200

Glad you posted this! I've had a post or two on here asking if this auction happened every year or if last year was the first. I even e-mailed the OMPA site and never heard back. I just started last year and going to this sale was a big help. I'll put it on the calendar.
    RC Maple

14X14 sugarhouse - new for 2012
    RO Bucket - RB10 - New for 2019
    2x3 barrel evaporator with continuous flow pan
    55 taps - most on buckets
    This is next year!

I couldn't believe how many maple addicts were there last year. There was a ton of stuff for sale, too.
    Make sure you check out our YouTube Channel.
    https://www.youtube.com/bissellmaplefarm

www.bissellmaplefarm.com

Cool! I hope to make it there. For those who were there last year, what were the prices like? Better than or more than buying from a dealer? I am always amazed how some people will pay too much for used items at auction.

From what I saw, the prices were far better than a dealer, but as far as maple equipment auctions go they were about in the middle. Your best prices for maple equipment are when an auction only has a limited selection of maple and most of the auction is for non maple stuff. It all boils down to how many are bidding on the item you want and how much they want it. Autions can run the full range from very cheap to far too expensive solely because no one wanted it or 2 or more wanted it too much to be realistic on what they should pay.
    One example: I have sold 2- 3hp electric motors off vacuum pumps, at 2 different auctions. Both ran and both were sold where a good crowd attended the auction. One sold for $15 and the other sold for over $100. The lower price was at the winter maple conference in Verona, NY and the higher price I got at Ray's auction last year.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

+ Reply to Thread