+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Broken Pump Shaft

Hybrid View

Default Broken Pump Shaft

Our Airablo has a 3 Hp high pressure pump marked as model P5-0202 outputting 300 PSI

In a stroke of abosolute luck the shaft broke just as I was starting the final wash after our last boil.

Does anyone know who made these pumps for Airablo ? There are 4 ports on the pump body which I have not completely figured out. Part is for the recirulation and part for the high pressure. There are about 20 stages inside
    and 2 cup seals 1 stage up and 9 stages up from the bottom. The drive shaft broke just under the splined coupling
    for the motor. The motor and coupling on the motor are not damaged.

My guess is that it broke because there is such a long stack of unsupported stages. Welding it and getting it to
    run true again would be quite a challenge.

Airablo sold out to D&G and D&G have not answered my request for price on a new pump.

Anyone know a source for this special pump ???

My Airablo vacuum pump had problems and Leader Evaporator in Swanton VT sent it back to the factory in Canada. I am not sure where it is but you might try contacting Leader. Just a thought.
    30x8 Leader revolution, wood fired blower, steamaway/hood. 903 taps all but 54 on pipeline and 3 vacuum systems. Hauling sap this year with a 99 F350 7.3 diesel dump and of course back up is the Honda 450 and trailer.

That's a common problem with those pumps. I have seen at least a dozen pumps over the last 15 years at various dealers with broken shafts or loose / jammed impellers heading back to the factory for repair.
    From what I have heard Airablo used to fix them for free or at least help out with the cost, not sure how DG will treat this but the pump is proprietary to them and they will be involved in the repair one way or another.

well I've exchanged about 10 emails with D&G and they so far have refused to offer the parts to me or to give me
    a quote or even an estimate on the cost of the new shaft.

They want me to ship it back to them. I'm not going to bend over and give them a blank check.

There are other suppliers out there that are more co-operative.

+ Reply to Thread