+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Almost New Sugar Shack Pictures

Default Almost New Sugar Shack Pictures

Most of the construction work was completed before the season but I didn't get all the pictures loaded on my photobucket page til now. When i was planning and building my shack it was a HUGE help seeing other pictures and ideas on this forum. Since so many of your pictures were a help to me I thought I'd better get mine on here too. The shack is 150 ft or so from the house on the edge of a crick-bottom woods. I built it off the side of the hill because the crick won't come up that high. It has a 4 ft deck off the back overlooking the woods and I can store firewood underneath it. Building it last fall was a lot of fun and my whole family helped. Starting from nothing (never made a drop of syrup) to having a building with a working evaporator took all my spare time for several months. I am still putting some finishing touches on it like rigging the cupola doors so I can control them from below. I'll probably keep thinking of things to do so it will never be really "done". Hopefully these pictures can help someone else. Looking forward to 2013.
    RC Maple

14X14 sugarhouse - new for 2012
    RO Bucket - RB10 - New for 2019
    2x3 barrel evaporator with continuous flow pan
    55 taps - most on buckets
    This is next year!

Great Pictures!! I built my shack in 2010, and seeing pictures on Mapletrader sure helped me also. it's good to see the whole family involved
    115 red maples on vacuum
    100 taps on 5/16 gravity
    35 taps on 3/16 gravity
    50 taps on shurflo vacuum
    about 60 buckets on giant roadside sugars
    neighbor bringing from 45 taps
    30'x 8' Aof/Auf Evaporator
    Homemade 125gph Ro
    Lots of Homemade Equipment!

http://s848.photobucket.com/albums/a...%20Sugarshack/

+ Reply to Thread