+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Talked to the Codes Officer; this is INSANE...

Brokermike, she also stated that I cannot in any way change the footprint of the barn, all I can do is maintenance and repairs which, maybe foolishly and pigheaded of me, at this time I refuse to do. I'm not keeping up a cat house! Seriously, at this time I can't see doing it; I have no idea how much longer "natural life" means, and I am not allowed inside where most of the repairs would be needed, and the siding and roof need replacing but would expose the - creatures - and that's prohibited. It was the solitary sticking point for the sale. So I bit my tongue, swallowed my pride and signed the side agreement.

Greenwich, the deed is in both mine and my wife's name, tenants by the entirety. As for the other buildings, you and I know exactly how that'd play out - I still wouldn't get anywhere and I'd have a lot of really P-O'd neighbors. Nobody but the Town wins that one. The thing is, they've been living there right along, I've been a non-resident of the Town since I got married in 1983, they know not to bother asking permission whereas I wanted to do everything on the up-and-up. I still do.

As for all the rest of the comments, you're right. Dave may chime in here, I just got off the phone with him a few minutes ago and he'll be calling again later. Elected state representatives, Farm Bureau, Maple Producers Association, Sch. F, and a visit with my lawyer -- who just happens to be one of my best friends since we were freshmen in high school back in September, 1972. And he speicalizes in Real Property Law.

Perry, I probably wouldn't outgrow a 2X6 for a very long time. It MIGHT be a good Plan B to go the "mobile maple" route.

ALSMAPLE, idk... she wasn't just saying not even an out house, she was serious. I think I'll go the legal way and at the same time look into your idea. And go Plan B if they want to play games.

Thanks, guys. I'll be back later.

- Tim

Unfortunately those structures do need permits in some jurisdictions, except for the exemption of agriculture. IN NYS there are laws and exemptions to protect agriculture.
    Dave
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBuckets View Post
    Not possible you are not telling us everything. Easement? You the owner/taxpayer/name on the deed? Something is missing!
    Everything, yes. There are no easements of any kind. The side agreement was not filed and is not known to anyone other than this thread, now. We (wife and I) have paid the seller 2011 pro-rata taxes at closing in April 2011, we paid the school taxes in September 2011 and the Town/County/Highway in January 2012. That's everything.

Harrisville, New Hampshire, United States

I would try evrything possible to be decent. Thenif that doesn't work, I would threaten a pig farm.Do like the governmet does look for a compromise! No need to spend money on a lawyer! Bacon GOOD!

Well, the only thing he's ever charged us for was the closing on the land, not even the closing on our house or ANYTHING else, so I'm not too worried about his fees lol! Besides, he wouldn't want us to go looking for a cheaper attorney.

Quote Originally Posted by YeastPimp View Post
    Well, the only thing he's ever charged us for was the closing on the land, not even the closing on our house or ANYTHING else, so I'm not too worried about his fees lol! Besides, he wouldn't want us to go looking for a cheaper attorney.
    I don't know if this would help but I would also contact you countys Farm Service agency. I would also ask for a copie of the law the she is referring to. I would guess "that it won't be available". This whole thing is so wrong I truly believe she is giving you grief for some other reason. Remember you are conducting under ag. there should be no restrictions for you under that. Is the" Right to Farm Law" in your county? I would also demand a lower tax rate if the land is what they say, it is basicaly worthless. No offence. Let us know what happens.

http://www.usedmovingvans.com/index....D=366&sorter=2

Cheaper than a building! And it will look really cool with a cupola and stack!

Just don't let any cats in.
    Last edited by RileySugarbush; 04-04-2012 at 11:17 PM.
    John
    2x8 Smokylake drop flue with AOF/ AUF
    180 taps on sacks
    75 on 3/16 tubing with shurflo
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by RileySugarbush View Post

http://www.usedmovingvans.com/index....D=366&sorter=2

Cheaper than a building! And it will look really cool with a cupola and stack!

Just don't let any cats in.
    No offence Riley , but atleast for me this would be band aiding the problem. Just reading this thread makes me angry. This is so wrong of this town.

Add a dog to the barn,cats should thin out pretty quick.
    Also about 8-10 years ago senator Schumer put something into effect in regards to maple sugar shacks for all of NY state.You should try and find that as well.It was something exempting shacks from permits,taxes for 15 years and some other stuff I can't remember.As for a side agreement if it is not binding why worry about the cats.
    Good luck
    3x12 D&G Champion, 1100 taps w/27" of vac.New in 2013 600gph RO. 10 buckets for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by lmathews View Post
    Add a dog to the barn,cats should thin out pretty quick.
    Also about 8-10 years ago senator Schumer put something into effect in regards to maple sugar shacks for all of NY state.You should try and find that as well.It was something exempting shacks from permits,taxes for 15 years and some other stuff I can't remember.As for a side agreement if it is not binding why worry about the cats.
    Good luck
    I think you need a donation, of a brick of 22. shells and a bottle of Soy Sauce.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast