+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I think I'm done!

Default I think I'm done!

I'm going to hang it up for the year. I just finished up my last gallon and a half this morning. Somehow my trees are still running and running clear at 1.75%, but in my opinion I'm not gonna waste my time with 1.75% sap. Maybe I'm just spoiled from having 3%+ all season!? I don't know how they can still be running. All and all I had a great season as a small timer!
    I hope the best of luck to you all!!!!

I'm at 1.5 still going. Boil it until you can't filter it anymore. You can sell it all.

Jason

Jason, I'm with you. John, truck that sap up to Syracuse, I'll buy it from you. Can't believe your sap is still clear.
    Danno
    Just West of Syracuse
    3 x 10 Lightning
    Sihi Vacuum
    Sap Bros RO
    600 taps and buying sap

Quote Originally Posted by John c View Post
    I'm going to hang it up for the year. I just finished up my last gallon and a half this morning. Somehow my trees are still running and running clear at 1.75%, but in my opinion I'm not gonna waste my time with 1.75% sap. Maybe I'm just spoiled from having 3%+ all season!? I don't know how they can still be running. All and all I had a great season as a small timer!
    I hope the best of luck to you all!!!!
    Makes me wonder why I boiled all that 1.2 to 1.4 I had. I dumped ten gallons of 1.0 though. I only saw sap over 2.0 the first couple runs I had.
    Noel Good
    1998 to 2009: 15 taps on buckets, scavenged fire pit and pans
    2010: New 2x4 SS flat pan w/preheater
    2015: New to me Lapierre 18x60 raised flue, new shack, new everything!! 59 taps 23.75 gallons
    2016: 85 taps 19 gallons
    2017: Purchased 2.5 acres and tubed half with 3/16. 145 taps total 49.25 gallons
    2018: 200 taps (162 on 3/16ths 38 on buckets) New NextGen RO 63 gallons
    2019: 210 taps 73.5 gallons
    2023: 210 taps 89.75 gallons
    www.wnybass.com

Well guys, when I went out to pull the taps I found a bunch of my buckets over flowing, some bone dry, and some in between. All together I managed to collect about 45 gallons of crystal clear, 1.75%. Needless to say I am boiling at the moment. Lol! I just can't believe they are still running not to mention clear!

the best I shall say about 2012 season is it did not suk as bad as expected. Just finishing of the last 50 gallons out of the back pan then tear down and clean up. Not gonna pull taps but imagine we are done. Having trouble getting the 3-4 gallons we made today through the primary filter but passes 2 nd filter fine
    "a bad day in the sugarhouse beats ANY day in the paper mill"
    Mike

I'm going to hang it up for the year. I just finished up my last gallon and a half this morning. Somehow my trees are still running and running clear at 1.75%, but in my opinion I'm not gonna waste my time with 1.75% sap. Maybe I'm just spoiled from having 3%+ all season!? I don't know how they can still be running.

!! I started the year with 1.4% and quickly fell to 1.1, finishing the year at 1.0 when most of my trees went cloudy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    I'm going to hang it up for the year. I just finished up my last gallon and a half this morning. Somehow my trees are still running and running clear at 1.75%, but in my opinion I'm not gonna waste my time with 1.75% sap. Maybe I'm just spoiled from having 3%+ all season!? I don't know how they can still be running.

!! I started the year with 1.4% and quickly fell to 1.1, finishing the year at 1.0 when most of my trees went cloudy.
    I guess I've been spoiled. I did boil up my last 45 or so gallons of 1.75% and ended up with almost a gallon. It just might have been a gallon if the stuff woulda gone through the filter, but I got frustrated and dumped the last pint or so that just wouldnt go! I can officially say that I'm done for the year.

my taps were still running clear this morning as well.....but the sugar was hardly noticeable........had the wife and sun start pulling the taps this evening after school around the house,ill get the hill trees and the gravity tubing this weekend....year was better than predicted but still short......made great syrup and im allmost sold out allready..........only got a few more gallons to seel the rest stays home

+ Reply to Thread