+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DIY 2x6 AOF air tight construction questions

Here is a thought I was having. I want to install AOF in my 2x6. I was thinking of putting the 2" tubing outside the arch and then run some 1/2" nozzles through the frame of the arch toward the fire. Any comments on this thought?
    220 Taps
    2x6 Home made
    Sap Shack 20x20
    5 Shurflo diaphragm pumps
    250 GPH Deer run RO

Quote Originally Posted by Waynehere View Post
    Here is a thought I was having. I want to install AOF in my 2x6. I was thinking of putting the 2" tubing outside the arch and then run some 1/2" nozzles through the frame of the arch toward the fire. Any comments on this thought?
    i believe some one did that with stainless tubing on here it seemed to work< the only thing is if you pre heat the AOF and tubing on outside you will want to insulate it so no one gets burned.
    Some one said if you keep air flowing through the exposed tubing on inside it might not warp or wont, well I used steel tubing for like an oil fill tubes on a oil tank probably 1/4 thick maybe a little more and they warped.
    Definitely insulating the tubing is key to longevity inside the fire box.
    I'm going to start my 2x6 arch build this coming week, iv been like ADK been planing this for a few years im finally going to pull the trigger
    Business Name
    Flat Lander Sugaring (who would think a guy from Az be making syrup)
    125 on Sap Suckers
    Close to 475 High Vac
    400 gravity adding more
    leader 2x6
    home made preheater
    hoods
    1 7D749 for AOF
    New FLS Tsunami Arch
    4 membrane TR Industries RO 2HP 3 phase 601GPH 250 PSI
    PID Display for Arch Temp.
    Chumlee of the trader

Quote Originally Posted by RileySugarbush View Post
    Two blowers, one my old low press 210cfm under fire blower and I added a high pressure over fire blower. Controlled separately with separate inlet dampers. The nozzles are hydraulic tubing which is solid wall 304 stainless, 0.4 inch ID and 0.5" OD. These are welded with directly into the sq steel tubing along the sides of my firebox and in the back they are welded to carbon steel pipe extensions to reach over the firebrick. This was a retrofit to my existing arch. The air exits the nozzles at 80mph.

Both can be seen here before I installed it into my arch. Once installed, I packed some ceramic blanket around them so that only the ends are exposed to the heat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhiEy...79HFa1JHeZX8qg

The angle are welded with an angle steel on each end, with the right spacing and with angles open up so they file with ash, insulating them from the coals. The hold up very well.
    So Riley, how did your AOF work out for you? I would like to do something similiar...
    220 Taps
    2x6 Home made
    Sap Shack 20x20
    5 Shurflo diaphragm pumps
    250 GPH Deer run RO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12