Still novice, but one season under my belt and got the hang of it last year. Need advice on placement of my arch.

Here's the scoop: I've got a King 2x6 arch and last summer I had to get a new oil tank. The new tank is now installed inside the sugar house which is about 10 x 11 overall. I had the tank installed there thinking I would move the arch to a better location anyway, but I didn't have time to make all the changes I wanted this past fall. The smoke stack end of the evaporator, in its current position, is 3 feet from the tank and the arch portion is a good 4 feet from the tank. Less than a 1/4 tank of oil in a 275 gal. tank.

Option A is to leave the arch where it is. It doesn't seem smart to have the evaporator so close to the tank, but I might be overly cautious. One suggestion I got was to build a cement block firewall between it and the tank and to put insulation board behind the blocks to absorb/dampen the heat coming off the evaporator. Sounds like a good idea, but still not 100% confident. The sugar house has a slab floor.

Option B is to move the arch to an open, but covered area that I use as a woodshed now, no slab, about 7 feet high. I could put the arch on blocks and stick the smoke stack on the outside of the covered area with most of the arch under the tin roof (unless I cut a hole which I'd rather not do). This seems like the safe idea. What I don't know about are any disadvantages of not having the hood and not being able to keep in the heat as I would in the sugar house.

Any thoughts are much appreciated.