+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NW Ohio half pint

Default NW Ohio half pint

Greetings everyone! Newby to the larger scale this year. Flows seem to be come and go, but very happy overall. I have been tapped for about 2 weeks now. I haul my sap to an Amish fellow who cooks for me. I have found the enormous need to be boiling on my own. Does anyone have a half pint evaporator within about 2 hours of Findlay? I have lots of questions about it and would like to travel to see one working. As you can tell from my username, I am a Firefighter. I have heard that the recommended taps listed with each evaporator is for 6 hours of boiling each day. I work 24 hrs on and 48 off. So I have the time to boil each day for longer than 6 hours. I want to do baby steps (real tough!) and build slowly. I posted this in Ohio tapping hoping someone from Ohio would have a half pint to look at. Thanks for your help!

I just sent you a private message - I had never done it and it was an excuse to try it. There is a half pint running day and night here in Pandora and he told me to send you his phone number. Let me know if you didn't get the message. 20 minutes beats 2 hours.
    RC Maple

14X14 sugarhouse - new for 2012
    RO Bucket - RB10 - New for 2019
    2x3 barrel evaporator with continuous flow pan
    55 taps - most on buckets
    This is next year!

Welcome Fireman! you found the right place. Lots of good info on this site and great folks! Goodluck!
    12X16 Sugarhouse and 16x24 attached woodshed
    1000 taps
    120 3/16 tubing
    And still some buckets
    Becker U5.70 Rotary vane
    Leader 2X8 Reverse oil fired, Revolution Pans & Steam a way
    Lapierre Turbo 2000 600 GPH RO
    Leader Clear frame filter press
    John Deere Gator 6X4
    Indy 500 and a very large sled.
    Kubota M8200

Thank you for the welcome! I got the message just fine RC Maple. You are right, 20 minutes is nice! I was looking for anything within 2 hours and I really lucked out. Still in the learning phase, and man, everytime you turn around there is new info to consider. John was a HUGE help. Thanks again!

Default Glad to help

It's my first year doing this too. I've had a lot of help and learned a lot from this site. Good luck to you.
    RC Maple

14X14 sugarhouse - new for 2012
    RO Bucket - RB10 - New for 2019
    2x3 barrel evaporator with continuous flow pan
    55 taps - most on buckets
    This is next year!

+ Reply to Thread