+ Reply to Thread

Thread: induced draft for homemade evaporator

Default induced draft for homemade evaporator

Just wondering if I should put the induced draft in the front under the door or in the back. Both would be under the grates. Just noticed in last years block arch when the blower was in the back alot of flame came out the door, obviously this rig will be much tighter than the old block one but still will not be a totally air tight door.any input is appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi jkurtz - As a former Boiler Operator - You mean Forced Draft. A lot of the guys have Forced Draft Blowers and Fans on their archs. On a large boiler an induced draft fan works in tandum with a forced draft fan to always keep a draft in the boiler and hopefully eliminate all back pressure. To much Forced Draft will really put your arch under pressure and you will have smoke and gas everywhere. Gotta play with it to get the maximum burn effect. I just have natural draft in my rig - so I'll shut my yap and let someone who has forced draft give you good advice -- would love to see a rig with both forced and induced draft -- Mike

Your right mike forced draft would be the correct term...

I have my blower underneath where it is out of my way and does not get wood dropped on it. I do not think it will make a difference in flame out door. If there is flame out door when door is closed you are putting in too much air.
    William
    950 taps
    3 X 12 Thor pans on a Brian Arch
    CDL 600 expandable

+ Reply to Thread