+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2012 Taps are in!

I know one day he is closed is the Monday after Easter. It is a Amish holiday. I drove up there and nobody was around.

Just dont go on sundays he does not like dealing on sunday. saturdays are his big day. he expects people to be there. And if you get there and he isnt there you could go to somerset to mike lynch. He is a lapierre dealer. He does not carry sugar hill jugs though. His phone number is 814-442-3680.
    3X10 Lappiere Cross Flow Raised Flue
    Lappiere 250 Turbo RO
    800 ish taps??? for 2015
    rossellsmaple.com

MAY THE SAP BE WITH YOU

Rossell

What all does Mike Lynch have? is it a storefront? or something akin to Henry's?
    Ent, Tree Herder

Sloan,

I suggest you call his voice mail, he will call you back and leave you a message if he is going to be there. He has been working on a building for his daughter and son in law in Western Pa. As far as Amish holidays the next one is Good Friday then the Monday after Easter, Henry and Rhoda gave me a list of Amish Holidays which I guess I misplaced already, Acension Day then Whitt Monday falls after Easter. I'll post them when I locate my note.
    Mark 220 Maple
    1100 taps on low vaccum, 900 on gravity.
    900 plus taps leased and on high vacuum
    35 cfm Indiana Liquid Ring Vacuum Pump
    80% Sugar, 20% Red MAPLES
    http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/g...Maple%20Syrup/

Aaron , Glad to here the syrup is good quality , Mark 220 was saying some had reported that the syrup was not so good. I am declaring ox in the ditch and do a wash boil tomorrow after church so i can tap monday . Here we go . This is the fitting i have been working on , sounds like i am a couple weeks to late to be helpful for you . Next year http://youtu.be/3Efsjw6jQQo
    Sweetcreek Sugarworks
    3x12 dalliare & hoods & preheater
    300 ro & vacuum
    Ls 4 wheel Drive 58 horse
    kabota 4 wheel drive 20 horse
    lt50 woodmizer saw mill
    36x40 sugar area

Getting ready for another canning session tomorrow...lol
    Been a great start to the season, even if some people think it was too early.
    Already produced about a third of what we did last year and we didn't start cooking until next week last season.

Some of the camps around here are still trying to get thier tubing\buckets out?
    I think its good to go by weater trends and not being fixated on only starting on a praticular day each year.

Boy I agree with that. Sometimes you just have to take what mother nature give ya and run with it!!!!!!!

Mike sells out of his sugar camp. Baer Brothers. And if you need to talk to him just give him a call
    3X10 Lappiere Cross Flow Raised Flue
    Lappiere 250 Turbo RO
    800 ish taps??? for 2015
    rossellsmaple.com

MAY THE SAP BE WITH YOU

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12