+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sap collection 2012 may be an adventure

Default Sap collection 2012 may be an adventure

I mounted the gathering platform and barrel/s on the tractor today and then thought I'd take a test run up the sap trail. Everywhere I went it was soft and slippery. I had to keep my foot on the positive traction all the way up the road and then craw off the hill to keep from sliding. My small creek crossing is soft so I thought I'd go around through the field and that was squishy. If it doesn't freeze or get cold enough to stiffen the ground I'm not sure I can run the trail, after a few trips it will be a rutted up mud hole. I've never seen it like this going into sap collection. Has anyone been on their trails is it this bad in your areas. Now we have rain forecast for 3 days this week. I'm not sure what I'll do if I can't run with the tractor. This may be the sugaring year from hell around here

Time to go buy some tubing!
    custom made 2x7 intensofire
    With SL pans
    250 deer run
    300 3/16 (new 2016)
    500 sacks around the neighborhood

Our accesss lane to our sugarhouse has been a 100 yd mudhole since it started raining in the fall. never has really frozen up so I keep raking the ruts hoping it would freeze. Its finally hard on top today. didnt drive thru it but could at leats walk without sinking to my ankles. Now rain predicted and warmer forecast so back to mud I'm sure.
    SevenCreeksSap
    About 80 taps and a sapsucker.
    A wife who doesn't shop and lets me buy Maple stuff

I'll be dealing with alot of mud again this year. I've been looking for something with tracks on it. The John Deere Gator does well in the mud, but there are some places I park on the high ground and walk around with 5 gallon buckets to gather.
    12X16 Sugarhouse and 16x24 attached woodshed
    1000 taps
    120 3/16 tubing
    And still some buckets
    Becker U5.70 Rotary vane
    Leader 2X8 Reverse oil fired, Revolution Pans & Steam a way
    Lapierre Turbo 2000 600 GPH RO
    Leader Clear frame filter press
    John Deere Gator 6X4
    Indy 500 and a very large sled.
    Kubota M8200

+ Reply to Thread