+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New RO from Ray Gingrich

Default New RO from Ray Gingrich

I just ordered an RO from Ray Gingrich. Its 150 gph 2 membrane system. I talked to Ray on the phone and he said it takes 2 percent sap up to 6 percent concentrate at roughly 33 gallons. If this is true it will fir my set up nicely. im currently running a leader 2x6 with sap pre heater and hood. Im roughling boiling 30 gph so this RO should be perfect in size escpecially with 1000 taps set up for this year. Has any one purchased a unit from Ray and if what he claims his ro does is true?
    5x16 woodfired blower preheater
    8k taps 60cfm indiana vac 18cfm airtech
    Cdl 600 RO
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...type=2&theater

Default New RO

Adirondacksap, How can I get in touch with Ray Gingerich?? This sounds like the size I might need.

Here is Ray Gingerich number 440-422-3047 Ray is amish so you cant contact him online but that is his number to his workshop.
    Cdl 600 RO

where s all the ray ro pics

Quote Originally Posted by AdirondackSap View Post
    I just ordered an RO from Ray Gingrich. Its 150 gph 2 membrane system. I talked to Ray on the phone and he said it takes 2 percent sap up to 6 percent concentrate at roughly 33 gallons. If this is true it will fir my set up nicely. im currently running a leader 2x6 with sap pre heater and hood. Im roughling boiling 30 gph so this RO should be perfect in size escpecially with 1000 taps set up for this year. Has any one purchased a unit from Ray and if what he claims his ro does is true?
    Do you have a typo? Ray's 2 membrane units are 250 GPH. I have one, brand new. I can't wait to use it. Ray also makes single membrane units at 125 GPH. It is the same unit, just 1 rather than 2 membranes. Good guy to deal with and a great price.
    Dave
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Adirondaksap, are you sure your only boiling 30 gph, I have a 2x6 leader drop flue, no preheater or hood and I checked last season, I was boiling 32 gph. I ordered a 250 from ray and he just called me to say it is ready for pick up.

Im sure my unit does alittle better than 30 gph i just rounded it off. This is my first year with this evaporator so i should find out this season what the true gph is. I figure with the hood and preheater i should see a gain off about 15 percent or so they.
    Cdl 600 RO

maplefarmer,
    When did you order your RO? I'm still waiting on Ray's call.

Jim
    12 x 16 Sugarhouse, 12 x 16 Woodshed
    2 x 8 “The Mutt” Evaporator with Marcland Drawoff
    Leader oil fired arch, Dallaire raised flue, Smoky Lake syrup pan and hoods with pre-heater
    New Leader Clear Filter Press/Air Diaphragm Pump
    5” Hand Pump Filter Press from Daryl-One of the first three! On loan to a friend.
    Deer Run 250 gal/hr RO
    A Very Understanding Wife
    "At any time during the day you're only 10 seconds from disaster!"

I am not home right now and don't remember when ordered, but he did tell me he has 2 more units ready for pick up, hopefully one might be yours, I can't wait, I enjoy boiling, just not as long of boils as i did last year.

I want to add some taps and cut my boil times down too. This working crap really cuts into the sugaring time!

Jim
    12 x 16 Sugarhouse, 12 x 16 Woodshed
    2 x 8 “The Mutt” Evaporator with Marcland Drawoff
    Leader oil fired arch, Dallaire raised flue, Smoky Lake syrup pan and hoods with pre-heater
    New Leader Clear Filter Press/Air Diaphragm Pump
    5” Hand Pump Filter Press from Daryl-One of the first three! On loan to a friend.
    Deer Run 250 gal/hr RO
    A Very Understanding Wife
    "At any time during the day you're only 10 seconds from disaster!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast