+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bears?

Default Bears?

I have bears (4 of them) Coming to one of my stands that I hunt deer from. I have no experience hunting around bears (the bear population in N. Michigan is really exploding) and wondered if this is going to screw up the deer hunting or not? I know there are alot of hunters on this forum so what are your experiences with bears in your deer woods? any coments are appreciated
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike
    1000 taps on vac
    Delaval 78 vac pump
    rebuilt Vermont arch
    Smoky lake maple custom pans
    4 x 11 reverse flow
    Smoky Lake auto-draw
    Smoky lake 2x4 finisher
    wes fab short bank filter press
    600 gallon Zero tank and 4 cage tanks
    650 gallon surge tank
    Deer Run Maple 500 GPH RO
    https://www.facebook.com/WhaleysMapleSyrup?ref=hl

Quote Originally Posted by whalems View Post
    I have bears (4 of them) Coming to one of my stands that I hunt deer from. I have no experience hunting around bears (the bear population in N. Michigan is really exploding) and wondered if this is going to screw up the deer hunting or not? I know there are alot of hunters on this forum so what are your experiences with bears in your deer woods? any coments are appreciated
    Lets just say I'm lime green with jealousy!!!! I would do anthing to have this amount of bears by my stand. I would pay to have that!!!!! I've hunted bears over bait in Maine. Never saw deer near them. Outfitters have said that they can louse up the deer movement. Can't say one way or the other. I would assume that you can bait in Mich. and that is why you are seeing them. Other than that there would need to be a heavy natural food source that is drawing that number into your area. Any deer pics. at all? I would truly pay you if you were closer to have a crack at one!!! No kidding! If you have a bear tag kill one. You would probebly be surprised at how good the meat is. I have killed a couple and never had a bad one yet.Look forward to more pics!

I've baited deer and had bears come in and feed for a few minutes then after they left had deer come in on the same trail the bear left on within just 3-4 minutes. Deer were not spooky and didn't seem to mind the bear smell at all. Maybe they had a truce.
    2006 - 12 taps on open fire
    2011 - 50 taps new 2 x 4 flat pan + warmer
    2012 - 65 taps new 16 x 16 sugar shack
    2013- 75 taps and no more, well maybe 85 now
    2016-97 taps
    1 Lab and my wife's Springer

here ya go!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike
    1000 taps on vac
    Delaval 78 vac pump
    rebuilt Vermont arch
    Smoky lake maple custom pans
    4 x 11 reverse flow
    Smoky Lake auto-draw
    Smoky lake 2x4 finisher
    wes fab short bank filter press
    600 gallon Zero tank and 4 cage tanks
    650 gallon surge tank
    Deer Run Maple 500 GPH RO
    https://www.facebook.com/WhaleysMapleSyrup?ref=hl

You guys need to come to PA. In less than a week we harvest on average 4000 bears in the state and that is fair chase, no baiting allowed!

Bears are seemingily everwhere in the Poconos this year. This time of year you see them alot getting into garbage and bird feeders. I have seen no less than 8 different bear in the last two weeks crossing the road. One female had four cubs in tow.
    CDL 2x8
    Around 4000 taps
    Polaris ATVs, Ski Doo snowmobiles to get around
    Atlas Copco pumps
    Lapierre two post RO

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/j...Sugar%20shack/

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Maplewalnut View Post
    You guys need to come to PA. In less than a week we harvest on average 4000 bears in the state and that is fair chase, no baiting allowed!

Bears are seemingily everwhere in the Poconos this year. This time of year you see them alot getting into garbage and bird feeders. I have seen no less than 8 different bear in the last two weeks crossing the road. One female had four cubs in tow.
    When does the season open there? Would you know of any good state land that is huntable?

Default Bears

we have 3 seasons in my area this year. Nov. 14th thru 18th is archery season. we cannot bait but have lots of apples this year so hunting near there should be a good bet. Nov. 19th 21st 22nd 23rd are rifle or any other legal weapon. The one everyone is excited about this year is Nov. 28th thru Dec. 3rd., when we can also hunt deer and bear during 1st week of rifle season. I live near Tioga and Mansfield PA. and there are 20,000 acres of public land to hunt. State game lands #37 (13,000 acres ) plus 7,000 acres of federal land

Dale

+ Reply to Thread