Closed Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Administration

The question was asked, What is KISS?, I might have missed the answer, but if not, KISS is an acronym for "Keep It Simple, Stupid"
    I welcome Tommy Sunshine and hope he can meet everyone's hopes and desires in the classified section. Our sugarbush alternative is a good alternative BUT it IS off our site. I would rather have an operational well designed classified ON our site.
    Welcome Tommy!!! Please make it simple, many of us are basically computer challenged, if not totally computer illiterate, myself included.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

I too am on the K.I.S.S. side of this whole new process. Hopefully painless. The only thing I could see for several of us is to make photo uploading easier. I cannot upload a photo onto a post to save my soul. I am not very computer savy, as several other traders mentioned also, and it's just impossible to upload with going to some other sight and reducing the photo size. ODD. Then again, others post HUGE pictures in their posts. I'm not THAT out of it, but this sight is a bummer that way.
    10th year in….
    100 sap sacks...Actually, I hope to never have to use them again!
    1000' feet of 3/16th on gravity (not sure how many taps yet)
    14x14 sugar shack
    New 2x5 Hybrid Drop flue from Smoky Lake
    5" filter press from Daryl
    Sap Dog Chloe

Quote Originally Posted by GramaCindy View Post
    I too am on the K.I.S.S. side of this whole new process. Hopefully painless. The only thing I could see for several of us is to make photo uploading easier. I cannot upload a photo onto a post to save my soul. I am not very computer savy, as several other traders mentioned also, and it's just impossible to upload with going to some other sight and reducing the photo size. ODD. Then again, others post HUGE pictures in their posts. I'm not THAT out of it, but this sight is a bummer that way.
    Sorry Cindy for posting such big pics but I hate the process of reducing in size and once you do that the original size is lost unless you upload again to Photobucket, if there is easier way some one tell me my laptop is maxed right now with programs and I haven't DL any.
    Business Name
    Flat Lander Sugaring (who would think a guy from Az be making syrup)
    125 on Sap Suckers
    Close to 475 High Vac
    400 gravity adding more
    leader 2x6
    home made preheater
    hoods
    1 7D749 for AOF
    New FLS Tsunami Arch
    4 membrane TR Industries RO 2HP 3 phase 601GPH 250 PSI
    PID Display for Arch Temp.
    Chumlee of the trader

Quote Originally Posted by KenWP View Post
    Hopefully he is not like the old mod we have that has to chime in on everything and say he is a mod. Has really taken it's toll on here as he is allways trying to make sure he is noticed.
    Who are we talking about?
    1000 taps on vac down to 100+ buckets 99% sugars
    2x5 SL Hi-Output Raised Flue Corsair evaporator
    SL Short bank press with CDL diaphragm pump
    Leader Micro 1 RO for 2024
    Constantly changing
    2010:36 gal 2011:126 gal 2012:81 gal 2013:248 gal 2014: 329.5 gal 2015:305 gal 2016:316 gal 2017:258 gal 2018:147 gal 2019:91 gal 2020:30 gal 2021:30 gal 2023:50 gal Total since 2010: 2047.5 gal
    Tapping the same trees my great, great and great grandfathers tapped.

Tommy Sunshine Guest

Wow,

Thanks for all the feedback folks. The big thing here is there will be no changes whatsoever without a true Maple Guy first looking at what is being done.

As for categories in the classifieds, I'm not someone who will be setting up categories, I'm someone who puts together a machine for others to use.

As a Marine for 10 years I am quite familiar with the KISS concept and its good y'all are so vocal. You don't want many changes and I for one abhor popups, you don't see any on my pages and I would never advocate them for any site anywhere...

No offense Tommy Sunshine Im sure your good at what you do but how do you plan on taking the trader to the next step not knowing this obsession?
    No offense taken sir, I plan on allowing the users to take the site to the next level by completing tasks someone who does share the maple obsession asks of me.

Take care folks, can't wait to make some believers out here!

--Tommy

Flat and Wiam I am well aware of what a moderator and administrator does. My concern was a legit one. The comparison of running and building an evaporator has no bearing on how this site can and will be run. Thanks for a direct reply Tommy Sunshine and not dodging the question.
    2X6 deluxe Phanuef
    Adding 200 more every year
    27 years left of building a Hobby into a retirement time burner.

His position says ADMINISTRATOR. In my mind that is behind the scenes. Why does he need to know anything about sugaring, if he can set up a classified section.
    William
    950 taps
    3 X 12 Thor pans on a Brian Arch
    CDL 600 expandable

Quote Originally Posted by wiam View Post
    His position says ADMINISTRATOR.
    Tommy... I might suggest a quick edit on your user title to Webmaster rather than admin to help some folks put things in perspective and better describe your roll here. It likely seems like a trivial issue but it's obviously important to the membership.

- Bryan Ex
    Last edited by BryanEx; 10-12-2011 at 08:02 PM.

BryanEx

I will admit that when I saw Tommy had access to the admin section of the site I thought it was being hacked.
    Exactly what i thought when i first looked at this thread and went to his home page, then the spammers started poring in roughly 200 new members in the last couple of days, who knows whats that's about but something's broke again. For me to be able to post a picture on this site would be like walking on the moon. Hopefully Tommy Sunshine can do some good for this site, stopping the spammers would be a start.
    Last edited by xyz5150; 10-02-2011 at 05:52 PM.
    2x6.5 revolution drop flue homemade arch 2012
    Polaris big boss 6x6, Pug (ultimate utility vehicle) sap haulers
    20 taps 2010 93 taps 2011 ??? taps 2012
    12x18 sugar house
    Jonsered 2156, 2171, Husqvarna 346xp, all 3 saws are ported and polished with heated handlebars, Olympyk 999 for the big stuff.
    Thou shalt not Stihl.
    Favorite Color Polished Stainless Steel

Quote Originally Posted by xyz5150 View Post
    Exactly what i thought when i first looked at this thread and went to his home page, then the spammers started poring in roughly 200 new members in the last couple of days, who knows whats that's about but something's broke again. For me to be able to post a picture on this site would be like walking on the moon. Hopefully Tommy Sunshine can do some good for this site, stopping the spammers would be a start.
    Ohh dangit you had to go and mention walking on the moon, now you gonna get me going on conspiracy theories, back stage movie sets at the pentagon
    \and every thing else
    Business Name
    Flat Lander Sugaring (who would think a guy from Az be making syrup)
    125 on Sap Suckers
    Close to 475 High Vac
    400 gravity adding more
    leader 2x6
    home made preheater
    hoods
    1 7D749 for AOF
    New FLS Tsunami Arch
    4 membrane TR Industries RO 2HP 3 phase 601GPH 250 PSI
    PID Display for Arch Temp.
    Chumlee of the trader

Closed Thread