+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Northwest PA

It sounds Like all of you fellas in the NW have called it a season. I am debating on wheter or not to collect this next run. Last week I collected close to 2000 gal of sap and made 53 gal of syrup. 15 light, 10gal med, 25gal dark and 8 gal B. total of 88 for the season.I boiled for 72hrs this past week. With27 hr boil on sat and sunday. I am going to retire the old grimm as I literaly boiled the guts out of it. I am working on getting an other rig for next year.

Chris, your 210 tank was a real blessing as it alowed for more sap to be colected at once and was easy to unload with my little 12v pump.

Brian, that canner I got off of you worked out very well also. it doubled as a finisher. I finished my syrup as it came off the evaporator. I would like to thank you all for you advise. Hope everyone has a good season selling the fruits of your labor. Take care

Dave, You had a great year! Now to marketing all this syrup!

Jake your note reminded me that I met a sugarmaker yesterday at the car wash cleaning his equipnment. Looked like a half pint pan and small preheater and a 50 callon leg tank. He was looking for some more buckets, and methods to clean pans, so when I get to talk to him again I will suggest the trader web site to him also.
    Chris
    Casbohm Maple and Honey
    625 roadside taps + Neighbors bring some sap too!
    3x10 King, WRU, AOF and AUF
    12" SIRO Filter Press.
    2015 Ford F250 PSD sap hauler
    One Golden named Maggie, Norwegian Forest Cat named Lucy
    Too many Cub Cadets
    Ford Jubilee and several Allis WD's, and IH tractors
    1932 Ford AAB ton and a half, dump truck

www.mapleandhoney.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112