+ Reply to Thread

Thread: candy mold sizes

Default candy mold sizes

i bought what i thought was 1/3 oz. maple leaf molds that have 20 molds in it like the catalog says. then i ordered log cabin molds at 2 oz size that have 14 molds in it. i have a question comparing the size of the two molds. each log cabin mold looks like it could fit 2 of the maple leaf molds in it, but comparing the ounce sizes, if the log cabin is 2 oz. then you should be able to fit 6 of the 1/3 leaves per one log cabin. are these sizes all messed up or are these maple leaves 1oz? can someone shed some light on these questions? how can i figure this out?

1/3 oz. maple leaf measures about 1.25" and a 1oz. measures 1.75"
    Keith

Maple Hill Sugarhouse Guest

For some reason i've noticed lately that post i haven't looked at yet a few of the boxed don't "yellow" up for me for some reason? I just measure my 1 Oz. leave molds and it is 1 7/8" across the widest leave tips.

Yea I'll agree with 1 7/8" on the 1 oz. I was guessing by looking at them before
    Keith

well i just called bascoms and talked them and they said that the log cabin that is stated in the rubber mold section at 2 oz size not 2.0 oz it is 1.50 oz. i would like someone else to put some input to this also, is it true? does anyone else have the log cabin molds?

MapleLady Guest

Default Log Cabin Mold

My molds come from Voorhees and they're about 1.5 - 2.0 oz. Scale is busted so can't be exact. I usually sell them the same way I do the large maple leaf. I'll have to take a look at the Bascomb mold to see if it's the same as mine to be sure.

Deb

+ Reply to Thread