+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lapierre Junior 200gph RO

Default Lapierre Junior 200gph RO

Considering buying a Lapeirre Junior 200gph RO with a model number of 4240200. Does anyone have any advice on this product? Would be my first RO, only have about 200 taps on a 2x6 but room for hundreds more. The RO is 1 year old (only used 5 times) and asking price is about 6000.00. Let me know what you think.

I think its a bit oversized for what you need. I run a 150 GPH on about 500 taps and it works pretty well. There are days I wish it was bigger. A big variable on the price is the condition of the membranes. Ask the seller how he washed them and what he did at the end of the season.

I would assume it would have at least a couple of 4" x 40" membranes. They would cost $ 225 each to replace so it's not a major consideration.

I'd get a quote from La Pierre on a new one and go from there.

The age and use are certainly appealling.

A little bigger with the ro is going to be better. Especially with what you have available for expansion. I would agree with Brent, age and price is appealing. There are several traders on here running these units paired up to 2x6's and running 500 to 1000 taps.

I do not know what your 2x6 will evaporate, but my 225gph ro will not keep up with mine at more than about 6%. And that is with xle's. What I am saying is there are a lot of variables when sizing a machine. What concentrate are you looking for? Are you willing to let concentrate sit and lose grade while waiting to get enough to boil. You also have to account for stopping to wash/rinse.
    William
    950 taps
    3 X 12 Thor pans on a Brian Arch
    CDL 600 expandable

I ordered a 250 gph from Ray Gingerich an Amishman in Ohio for $3200 with hi and lo pressure cut outs, brand new. He also makes 125 GPH units for $2500 (+ $200 if you want the hi and lo cut outs. His units are gas powered, Honda engines. He has also made some with electric motors. PM me for detail if interested. He also has 375's, 500's and 1000's, all engine driven. The 500 is only $5000 plus the $200 for the high and low pressure cut off's. Trader Daryl steered me his way as I was asking about a Springtech 250 for almost 5x what I had to pay for the 250 from Ray.
    Last edited by maple flats; 08-28-2011 at 01:10 PM. Reason: typo
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

+ Reply to Thread