+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: July Journal

I was hoping to have my new sugar house started by now, but I haven't To busy with the other Honey Do List items, plus I still can't make up my mind how big to build it.
    Been there done that, have the scars and the MRI to prove it!

We've been on vacation. We did some sugar house visiting early in the week. We stopped at Richard Pattersons and talked with Linda. Their super CDL store should be open in September. The next day we went to Sprauges in Portville NY. At first I just laughed. That place is incredible. Everyone should visit that place! They were filtering and canning. I was talking to someone for a while. It wasn't until after I realized it was Randy the owner.

My wife and I have been working on another treestand. I'm starting to feel old and needed something easier. I only need to put the door on and we'll be done. Today I'm going to start rebuilding my trailer. I need it in good shape to pick up the new evaporator in August.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    136 on high vacuum for 2019
    A&A 2X8, raised flue evaporator
    hood, parallel flow pre heater and air over fire
    12X28 sugar shack

Gary I knew you were getting a new sugarshack and wanted it closer to the trees, but come on man you don't tap them up in the canopy. Or are you going to use a sap ladder to get the sap up into that sugarshack.
    It must be the angle but it looks a little smaller than it really is right!
    1st Generation Hobby Maple Producer, you got to start somewhere.
    222 Taps, all on Vacuum! No more buckets.
    Lapierre 2'x5' raised flue w/Hood and Preheater
    Surge SP11, Lapierre Hobby Releaser
    Modified 5" Filter Press made by Daryl with a Gear Pump
    Homemade 2 membrane RO
    Kabota RTV Sap Hauler

Hardy's Maple Syrup on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis H. View Post
    Gary I knew you were getting a new sugarshack and wanted it closer to the trees, but come on man you don't tap them up in the canopy.
    Too funny. I bet he will also need a boom truck to get his head tank in position. What the heck... if the sap won't come to me I'll go to the sap.

Spent all day shearing one sheep.Most stubborn critter alive and me with one arm made it very hard to get the wool off. I finally got her looking like a sheep again.I bought her from a guy who seemed to think sheep needed to be dirty for some reason.
    maybe 50 taps for 2011
    Finally ready to boil when I get enough sap
    I just might be crazy.( make that I know I am)
    Trees all tapped except the ones with 5 feet of snow.
    Enough rabbits to keep Elmer busy..

This is of maple topic but I know there are a few supermodified fans here. If any of you guys have not been to Oswego Speedway yet this year I strongly suggest you make the trip. The new owners have truly made the BIG O an amazing speedway again. Renovations are never ending and last nights race was the best one I have seen in many many years and I have been saying that since the first race of the season. It just keeps getting better and better. 2nd groove has come in nice and now they are moving on up to a 3rd groove. 6 races and 6 different winners. 30 supers every week and they are now running 3 classes. Next week they strap the wings on. They dont call this place the fastest short track in the country for any old reason. Simply amazing to watch. There are so many competative cars in the field that the days of domination are over. Come on out guys I will save you a seat.
    2X6 deluxe Phanuef
    Adding 200 more every year
    27 years left of building a Hobby into a retirement time burner.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdgen.maple View Post
    This is of maple topic but I know there are a few supermodified fans here. If any of you guys have not been to Oswego Speedway yet this year I strongly suggest you make the trip. The new owners have truly made the BIG O an amazing speedway again. Renovations are never ending and last nights race was the best one I have seen in many many years and I have been saying that since the first race of the season. It just keeps getting better and better. 2nd groove has come in nice and now they are moving on up to a 3rd groove. 6 races and 6 different winners. 30 supers every week and they are now running 3 classes. Next week they strap the wings on. They dont call this place the fastest short track in the country for any old reason. Simply amazing to watch. There are so many competative cars in the field that the days of domination are over. Come on out guys I will save you a seat.
    real race cars dont have wings, and for the fastest short track? what is its size? because I do know there has been some fast times clocked at Manzanita Speedway in Phx.
    Business Name
    Flat Lander Sugaring (who would think a guy from Az be making syrup)
    125 on Sap Suckers
    Close to 475 High Vac
    400 gravity adding more
    leader 2x6
    home made preheater
    hoods
    1 7D749 for AOF
    New FLS Tsunami Arch
    4 membrane TR Industries RO 2HP 3 phase 601GPH 250 PSI
    PID Display for Arch Temp.
    Chumlee of the trader

I tried to cut some wood today but couldn't get my chain saw to start.It's a Sthill (spell check) and the spark plugs wet and it has spark but no roooooooom. Wore my hurt arm out trying to get it going.
    I can just see how this summer is going to go.Me trying to carry logs with one arm and cut them up. Walked the woods and they are starting to dry up finally.
    maybe 50 taps for 2011
    Finally ready to boil when I get enough sap
    I just might be crazy.( make that I know I am)
    Trees all tapped except the ones with 5 feet of snow.
    Enough rabbits to keep Elmer busy..

QUOTE=Flat Lander Sugaring;158504]real race cars dont have wings, and for the fastest short track? what is its size? because I do know there has been some fast times clocked at Manzanita Speedway in Phx.[/QUOTE]

2011_Expo_-cov-600x440.jpg[ Trust me real race cars do indeed have wings. The track is a 5/8 mile. When these guys run without the wing they are burning 16.5 to 17 second laps. With the wing they are about 30 mph faster than that in the corners. We have had many nascar cup drivers and some indy drivers come out and they all said except Johny Benson that these guys are absolutely nuts running the speeds they do. These guys are running 468 big blocks and on the low end of the field 860 hp and over 900 hp. If you are a race fan you would be sitting in amazement watching these guys 3 wide with a full field of 24 cars on this track. It is indeed a fun way to spend a saturday night with friends and family.
    Last edited by 3rdgen.maple; 07-03-2011 at 10:55 PM.
    2X6 deluxe Phanuef

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3Y3O...eature=related
    Heres a short video for you to watch Chumlee. Enjoy.
    2X6 deluxe Phanuef

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast