+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 100%

Default 100%

Just curious to know whom out there is basically 10% ready for next year already? I would assume that there are a few out there that are basically ready once they clean all of the equipment and finish their wood (if you burn it).
    FIRST GENERATION SUGARMAKER
    First boil 2/22/2012! Went Pefect!
    3,500' of laterals
    1,000' of mainline
    2012 - 105 taps on gravity, 12 sap sacks.
    2013 - 175 taps on gravity, 25 on sacks = 200 taps for 2013! Second year.
    2014 - 250 taps on gravity, 25 on sacks
    Tapped on February 16, 2014
    2015 - adding vac sap puller no more gravity for me!
    275 gallon holding tank for 2014
    20'x30' Sugarhouse

If I don't expand anything or change anything (which I would like to add on about 25 taps and just a few tweeks here and there but if I don't get to it no big deal but I am sure I will ) I need to do 8 more cords of wood. I have to get new CV's new filters and prefilters. uh I think thats it for this year.

the first few years are the toughest because you getting things set up and still learning.

I am always learning but the basics are there now. So expansion is done by sales of syrup made. I am not "planning" on using anymore of my money for maple it needs to support itself from here on out!!! this year was a log splitter business expenses and the little add-ons, etc etc etc. and hopefully some left over to put away for the sugarhouse addition for next year.
    may your sap be at 3%
    Brad

www.willowcreeksugarhouse.com
    585 or so on Vacuum, about 35 on buckets/sap sacs
    Atlas Copco GVS 25A Rotary Vane vacuum pump
    MES horizontal electric releaser
    2x6 ss phaneuf Drop flue, Leader woodsaver blower, homemade hood
    300gph H2O RO
    husquvarna 562 XP
    Its Here!!! 2024 season is here get busy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by red maples View Post
    If I don't expand anything or change anything (which I would like to add on about 25 taps and just a few tweeks here and there but if I don't get to it no big deal but I am sure I will ) I need to do 8 more cords of wood. I have to get new CV's new filters and prefilters. uh I think thats it for this year.

the first few years are the toughest because you getting things set up and still learning.

I am always learning but the basics are there now. So expansion is done by sales of syrup made. I am not "planning" on using anymore of my money for maple it needs to support itself from here on out!!! this year was a log splitter business expenses and the little add-ons, etc etc etc. and hopefully some left over to put away for the sugarhouse addition for next year.
    well I will get there in oh about 3 years from now! haha..good job! Yeah, your telling me its quite the feat to get everything going in one year. but i will get there!
    FIRST GENERATION SUGARMAKER
    First boil 2/22/2012! Went Pefect!
    3,500' of laterals
    1,000' of mainline
    2012 - 105 taps on gravity, 12 sap sacks.
    2013 - 175 taps on gravity, 25 on sacks = 200 taps for 2013! Second year.
    2014 - 250 taps on gravity, 25 on sacks
    Tapped on February 16, 2014
    2015 - adding vac sap puller no more gravity for me!
    275 gallon holding tank for 2014
    20'x30' Sugarhouse

There is no such thing as 100% ready in the maple world. The first seconf you think something crazy like that you will remember the list of upgrades that are in order. Whatever that may be at the time I will get the sap through the pans and syrup on the table in time every time.
    2X6 deluxe Phanuef
    Adding 200 more every year
    27 years left of building a Hobby into a retirement time burner.

last nail never exist...
    200 Buckets 2015
    14 x 16 Cabane à sucre
    2 x 5 Cantin evaporator

Quote Originally Posted by adk1 View Post
    Just curious to know whom out there is basically 10% ready for next year already? I would assume that there are a few out there that are basically ready once they clean all of the equipment and finish their wood (if you burn it).
    LOL - Yep - Yep - I'm about 10% ready in most things - most of the time. Including Maple Syrup making. Somehow I get it together when needed. The 100% thing is impossible for mere mortals...... So is "Perfect"...... The Almighty deals in 100% and Perfect..... 10% is cool for little - old me - Mike

I'm still figuring out a cord of wood in pallets in metric system, I might be ready
    Business Name
    Flat Lander Sugaring (who would think a guy from Az be making syrup)
    125 on Sap Suckers
    Close to 475 High Vac
    400 gravity adding more
    leader 2x6
    home made preheater
    hoods
    1 7D749 for AOF
    New FLS Tsunami Arch
    4 membrane TR Industries RO 2HP 3 phase 601GPH 250 PSI
    PID Display for Arch Temp.
    Chumlee of the trader

Smile 100%

3rdgen. is right,your never 100% ready no matter how hard you plan.I thought I was this season but,NOOOO I wasn't.So this year I have started a lot earlier and I am about 50% there give or take about 25%.I still need to get more metal for my hood and stack but should be ready by Feb.Yea, right!
    homemade barrel evaporator 2 x 4 divided flat pan 40 taps 10 x 8 sap house hood and pre heater

Default 100%

I've got everything cleaned up from this year. Wood cut split and stacked for next year 2012. I've got my wood for 2013 cut and staked in the woods. My lists for the sugar bush are done. I'm sure I'll find I forgot something along the way.
    400 pails
    CDL RO machine
    2x8 stainless Dallaire evaporator, wood fired
    Filter press
    Polaris 6x6 & 4x4
    Allis Chalmers WD
    Allis Chalmers G
    Built new 24' x 40' shack in 2006
    http://www.blsugarbush.com

Default 100% Ready ?????

Quote Originally Posted by Brad W Wi View Post
    I've got everything cleaned up from this year. Wood cut split and stacked for next year 2012. I've got my wood for 2013 cut and staked in the woods. My lists for the sugar bush are done. I'm sure I'll find I forgot something along the way.
    Hey Brad,
    Stop it !, you are making me feel bad, I won't be "READY" even when boiling and bottling next year. Just kidding, good for you.
    Do have a good size pile of wood, but also lots of upgrades coming this next year.
    3x8 Evaporator (24)
    2000 taps in 2020
    Deer Run R.O.
    Some 3/16” tubing Runs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast