+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 7th annual Maple Weekend

Default 7th annual Maple Weekend

Good Morning Everyone, I have a few moments in between my tours to let you know it is starting out GREAT! Even though we dont have sap to boil today the people are still coming out. A little chilly but the sun is shinning making it better. This year we have added something new to our open house. We invited 3 Amish families to bring home made baked goods featuring maple syrup and maple sugar. Will let you know how this turned out.
    I am a 3rd generation maple producer, with 80,000 taps & 28 sugar bushes.
    2 evaportors, 6x16 & 5x16 Water/Loo Small Turbos
    2 ROs, 1 2400 gph & 1 1800 gph
    2 10" filter press full banks
    Sap Tanks rangeing from 600 to 6000 g
    (Hired Boys says "All numbers subject to change" Ha Ha)

Default maple Tour

Well what a day! We are finally getting to sit down a minute. Everybody is gone and the house is pretty quite. Even though we didnt have anything to boil today everyone seemed to have a good time learning about the maple process. How about any one else in Potter/Tioga?? How did you do? Tomorrow should be just as good but we will see.

Default maple tour

Good day. I don't think we had as many people as we did last year, but it was quite steady. We also did not have any sap to boil, but, we made "Maple on Snow", everyone really enjoyed that. Our sales were a little better than last year. We'll see what happens tomorrow? Tell Richard, I promise to get up and see him before season is over. Bud

Great time out there today, man was it packed! I enjoyed the tour and learned some. I didnt know they once tried to use metal tubing to collect sap! Let Richard know Im intrested in that 3 by 10 oil fired evaporator he talked to my dad about. One year on a 2 by 8 and Im already looking to upgrade. Some day ill give you a run for your money and you'll have to say your the second largest maple syrup producer in the state!! HAHA okay maybe that will just be a dream but owell Ill keep dreaming!!

Scott
    7,000 high vac taps
    6x16 leader evap
    2200 GPH Lapierre Turbo RO
    2400 GPH Springtech RO
    To many tanks to count

www.waysidemaplefarms.com
    http://s1116.photobucket.com/albums/k578/waysidemaple/

Default Maple Weekend Tioga County

This morning is starting out a little slow but that is normal for the Sunday. But it looks like it is going to be a beatiful day. Yesterday was very busy but got to talk to some other sugar makers that came to take our tour, that was great. Thanks Scott for the kind words and are glad you learned something different. It is really fun to go see other sugar makers cause you always find some thing you didnt know. No matter if you are just starting or you have been doing this for some time. There is always something new to learn. Scott keep up the dreaming because those dreams do come true and we would be glad to see you become #1. Bud I will hold you to that promise to come see me during the season. Other sugarmakers are more than welcome to come visit us any time.

+ Reply to Thread