+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Home Depot buckets

Default Home Depot buckets

Anyone use them for storage ? My food grade bucket supplier dried up. Was thinking of washing them out with water/bleach mixture.
    Just a country boy trying to survive CT's new governor

I am not positive but I don't think so
    check the net Bro
    I picked up 6 gallon food grade bucket with lids for 2.00 each
    not sure about where you are but those home depot buckets are 5 bucks each here with no lid

I used menards buckets last year and they worked just fine. People say not to but I would think if they are new they would work fine.

Check US Plastics, http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/ite...3220&catid=752. They have buckets that are not much more than the Home Depot or Lowes buckets. The description says they are FDA approved. They also carry storage tanks from 20-10,500 gallons. Lots of other containers as well, decent prices.
    Eric

06-07 3-8 taps, Dutch oven, open flame
    08- 12-17 taps, Block arch w/3 steam table trays

hit the bakery a walmart just got 10 more today buck a piece with lids and they smell like frosting. I hope someone will complain about my syrup tasting like frosting. that would be cool!!

I stopped using the Home Depot buckets after my first year. I got buckets from the local bakeries for free. The HD buckets are now used for cleaning in the sugarhouse - bleach solution, hot water, etc. I think they use recycled plastic and there's another thread about that. Not good!
    -----------------------
    Bill Smith (Papa Smiff)
    • Hoping to build 2x4 with AOF & AUF
    • Looking for trees to tap in my suburban wasteland
    Hopes for 2014: Talk to neighbors about tapping trees behind their houses, and nearby roadside trees.

Well my sap buckets at the tree are flowing like a mother and overflowing so I bought 3 with lids for $10. Was supposed to boil today to make room in buckets but wife blew out back and needed to take her to dr plus wind is blowing 15-20 So wish I had a barrel evap and not the fire pit. Will have a better storage system and a barrel evap next year
    Just a country boy trying to survive CT's new governor

Haynes Forest Products Guest

Another thing is they just got cheaper with the plastic. They are thinner and I dont trust them with the heat.

+ Reply to Thread