+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buying Bottles, What is a fair price? Where to buy? What shapes are good?

people are funny....a few years ago I changed to glass bottles and my customers freaked....they insisted that I go back to mason jars..it has that "country homemade" feeling. so who was I to argue, at 8 bucks a dozen for quarts it is cheaper for me
    Chris Hicks
    The Sugar House at Morningstar Farm
    24x50 sugar House
    New 4x12 reverse fired leader arch and steam away
    new h2o innovations 1000 gph r.o.
    it's time to get back in the woods!
    www.sappyguys.com
    603-479-0804

How much would that certified washer and sanitizer cost? Cuz it could be worth it.
    Benedict Hudson

www.benedicthudson.com

discovering and sharing the world through photography, music, and maple syrup

25 taps
    1 pot

Check out http://www.specialtybottle.com I have had really good luck with them for the last 3 years. They have a wide range of prices, styles, etc. Shipping is a little high becuse they are on the west coast. If you go over 120 bottles the prices get lower. If you call them you actually get a person on the phone and they speak clear english too! Good Luck!
    5600 taps on tubing w/ vacuum, 3.5 x12 Oil Fired with pre-heater, 2 Post RO
    http://s674.photobucket.com/albums/v...owhillmapping/

http://snowhillfarm.com

I was looking at specialty bottle before making the post here, but was frustrated with their "small order" costs and high shipping costs.
    Last edited by Choubacca; 02-13-2011 at 10:44 AM.
    Benedict Hudson

www.benedicthudson.com

discovering and sharing the world through photography, music, and maple syrup

25 taps
    1 pot

When I was a young boy, producing the amount of syrup that you will be producing---I used canning jars. $7 for a case of quarts isn't going to break you and you can reuse them!
    2 1/2 x8 Lapierre Waterloo-Small (oil fired)
    Leader Steamaway
    1200 gph Lapierre RO
    1800 taps
    http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/j...ks/Sugarhouse/

Mike Christian
    505 Main St. Orwell, Vt.

Fillmore Container in Lancaster, PA has a good assortment of reasonably priced plain glass bottles. www.fillmorecontainer.com I upgraded to printed glass this year from Artisan Printing of Vermont. Really nice glass state jugs. www.apofvt.com For small orders the shipping gets really high on any glass.
    Ian
    New sugarhouse fall '06. 3x8 drop flue by Phaneuf. Kubota L2800. 260 buckets for 2012. 504 taps for 2013. 320 buckets, 207 on 5/16" and 200 on 3/16" gravity tubing for 2014. 2017: 280 buckets, 920 on 3/16" tubing, selling sap from 560 of that. Son Gavin is in 3rd successful year of selling maple equipment as MacK Maple Supply.

we pay 11$ for 12 12.5 ounce glass bottle with caps. We buy them from a local hardware store. The guy who owns it is big time into the maple syrup. If i recall i think they have about 15000 taps, they sell mostly bulk. He gets the bottles from leader evap. The glass bottles look very good and it looks like you get more syrup than you really do.The plastic bottles are more than glass here in nw pa.

where is this hardware store? i am in nw pa also and am looking for bottles. Thanks.

wattsburgh pa

Default cheescloth.

hey thanks! one quick question, a little off subject. i have just been making maple syrup here at home family and friends. my problem is, is when i'm finishing the syrup on the stove and pour into bottles i get these granuals at the bottom of all my bottles. pour through cheesecloth, doesn't seem to help. any other suggestions. thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast