+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Superbowl

Good game. But I agree what a horrid half time show.
    7,000 high vac taps
    6x16 leader evap
    2200 GPH Lapierre Turbo RO
    2400 GPH Springtech RO
    To many tanks to count

www.waysidemaplefarms.com
    http://s1116.photobucket.com/albums/k578/waysidemaple/

Can anyone just sing the National Anthem the way it is supposed to be sung? Just straight forward, with no "artist embellishments"? Anyone? Am I the only one who winces when these folks get up there and sing it like that? That woman has a nice voice- I like a couple of her songs, but that rendition of our anthem was awful. And lately the anthem is sung like that anytime I hear it before a large, televised sporting event. Its shamefull, really.

Good game, entertaining comercials, not the best halftime show, but not as distatesful as the anthem singing.

Allright, theres my rant for a while. I don't get disgruntled often, so the next rant should be down the road a ways. Back to the regularly scheduled maple programing.

Steve
    2014 Upgrades!: 24x40 sugarhouse & 30"x10' Lapierre welded pans, wood fired w/ forced draft, homemade hood & preheater
    400 taps- half on gravity 5/16, half on gravity 3/16
    Airablo R.O. machine - in the house basement!
    Ford F-350 4x4 sap gatherer
    An assortment of barrels, cage tanks & bulk tanks- with one operational for cooling/holding concentrate
    And a few puzzled neighbors...

http://s606.photobucket.com/albums/t...uckethead1920/

Quote Originally Posted by Bucket Head View Post
    Can anyone just sing the National Anthem the way it is supposed to be sung? Just straight forward, with no "artist embellishments"? Anyone? Am I the only one who winces when these folks get up there and sing it like that? That woman has a nice voice- I like a couple of her songs, but that rendition of our anthem was awful. And lately the anthem is sung like that anytime I hear it before a large, televised sporting event. Its shamefull, really.

Good game, entertaining comercials, not the best halftime show, but not as distatesful as the anthem singing.

Allright, theres my rant for a while. I don't get disgruntled often, so the next rant should be down the road a ways. Back to the regularly scheduled maple programing.

Steve
    ---Well Steve - I watched it for the Game - that was Great. -- However - everything You said about the singing of the National Anthem has been true for some time. Get someone who can sing it straight or don't bother - just the music please. Also - Remember the Days when the National Anthem was played. The Military stayed covered and rendered a salute - ALL Male Civilians removed all headgear and the Right hand covered the heart. Even some of the Players don't seem to get it ---- Makes You wonder - that in this age of highly advanced communication - So many have never been taught the basics.... guess it's time to stop here -- Did enjoy the Game - Lots ----- Mike

it was awesome game hope every one enjoyed it for next year will be a lock out. Oh yes racing, anything with an engine and tires that goes fast. I'll post a couple picks of a Bush car I did some work on out in phx.
    Business Name
    Flat Lander Sugaring (who would think a guy from Az be making syrup)
    125 on Sap Suckers
    Close to 475 High Vac
    400 gravity adding more
    leader 2x6
    home made preheater
    hoods
    1 7D749 for AOF
    New FLS Tsunami Arch
    4 membrane TR Industries RO 2HP 3 phase 601GPH 250 PSI
    PID Display for Arch Temp.
    Chumlee of the trader

Quote Originally Posted by Flat Lander Sugaring View Post
    it was awesome game hope every one enjoyed it for next year will be a lock out. Oh yes racing, anything with an engine and tires that goes fast. I'll post a couple picks of a Bush car I did some work on out in phx.
    Who's Busch car? I do some dabbling in the racing industry to. Mostly local, but I did do some work on a car that ran on the ACT tour.

Football fills the void for me when there is not any racing going on. Congrats to the Green Bay Packers, but take notice my Jets will be back next year to take it away.....LOL
    Success is not final,failure is not fatal.It is courage to continue that really counts

“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”

– Thomas Edison

not to start a flame war here...but the only chance those jets are gonna have is a lock out season....go PATS hehe
    Chris Hicks
    The Sugar House at Morningstar Farm
    24x50 sugar House
    New 4x12 reverse fired leader arch and steam away
    new h2o innovations 1000 gph r.o.
    it's time to get back in the woods!
    www.sappyguys.com
    603-479-0804

If the Packers can get everyone healthy for next year and keep them that way, they will have the potential to be even better than this year.
    First year 2009
    18 taps on 12 trees
    boiled in 3 gal. pot on electric stove in garage
    111 taps on 93 trees
    boiling in 200 gal. stainless tank, wood fire
    3 sided sugar shack

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456