+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sugarhouse music

XM Sat radio with bluegrass and bluesville.

For me, it's usually an old tv during March madness. If I listen to the radio, it wouldn't be country. Probably alternative/hard rock, Christian or even classical, depending on who else may be around. But of course, classical doesn't work in the middle of the night!
    Tim Whitens
    Willow Creek Farm
    Fulton, NY

3000 on vacuum, 3hp 3ph Busch pump, 2567 Gast
    30X8 Leader oil-fired evap. w/ steamaway
    Airablo 1000 RO
    6 Alpacas

i'm all about anything metal, hairband or 80's but I have to admit since deadliest catch started I ran cable to the sugarhouse, oh and not mention nascar. What can I say, we watch a lot of tube there.
    Scott W.
    2.5x8 Grimm raised flue
    Leader inferno arch 90 gph
    Vacuum, RO, Syrofilter
    1500 taps
    UV filter
    Can am 400 HO

I have to say, and it's the only time of year I can stand it, but I like to hear traditional folk fiddle music while sugarin. It just seems to bring the whole tradition aspect to the forefront and makes me wonder about sugarin in the 1800's and how good it must have been after the dead of winter.

I usually just play whatever, but it depends on the level of intoxication... mostly country cause we know the words. And sometimes I like to listen to NOAA weather radio just to piss everyone off who is keeping me company late into the morning... and of course to see if its going to freeze at night.
    let there be cold nights and warm days...

Guys we have got to start tapping soon! You know we are getting anxious when a post is started about what type of music we listen to in the sugarhouse lol. I personally tried the music thing and heres the conclusion I came too. First off I get real tired of hearing the same songs play over and over every 30 minutes on the radio, second I get tired of everyone who walks in the door either turn it up, or down or change the station to what they like and third the evaporator just plain ole talks to me and I can tell when it needs wood or its getting close to syrup or I need a little more defoamer without even looking at the rig, so after not being able to hear that and listening to music I cant stand or my ears are ringing from satan screaming through the speakers or Im saying shhhh constantly cause a good tune is on and I cant hear it I decided the radio needed to take the trip out the door and into the snowbank. But to my suprise last night my 11 year old walks in the door after shoping with mom he pulls out a new radio from the bag and says " I bought us a new radio for the sugarhouse cause the old one doesnt work" Lucky me.
    2X6 deluxe Phanuef
    Adding 200 more every year
    27 years left of building a Hobby into a retirement time burner.

ac/dc, kid rock, ozzy, zepplin, cooper, whitesnake, Eminem
    Business Name
    Flat Lander Sugaring (who would think a guy from Az be making syrup)
    125 on Sap Suckers
    Close to 475 High Vac
    400 gravity adding more
    leader 2x6
    home made preheater
    hoods
    1 7D749 for AOF
    New FLS Tsunami Arch
    4 membrane TR Industries RO 2HP 3 phase 601GPH 250 PSI
    PID Display for Arch Temp.
    Chumlee of the trader

Classic rock, talk radio, and NPR..........used to have a little TV to catch March Madness, but found I cant concentrate on an evaporator, filter press, RO, and a wood fire with that extra distraction, so I television has been banished from the sugarhouse........but what I really look forward to is when the first Red Sox spring training game is broadcast! That's just the best- listening to the game on the radio and making a barrell or two of syrup at the same time!
    4X12 A+A Evaporator
    2500 taps, 1200 GPH RO
    Atv w/tracks
    5 generations
    http://www.talbertsmaplefarm.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/TalbertsMapleFarm?ref=hl

Satellite in the shack.. Usually Boneyard since they did away with Buzzsaw (where else could you hear the likes of Robin Trower, UFO and Uriah Heep?).

Talk Radio if we're boiling on the weekdays.
    2 x 6 Grimm raised flue for 2012 season. Rebuilding a 3 x 13 for 2013. 51 Ford 8N, St. Bernard, 30+ chickens.

http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m257/cardigan99/

I like adk1's idea of hearing the evaporator running. Brings you back a ways when we didnt have all this crap running and blowers, vacuums, pumps all that stuff. All it used to be was the arch doors screaching shut and the sccops and skimmers clanking around....ah...those were the days! How many of us shut all that crap off once in a while just for that reason? gotta love the old school.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast