+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom Tubing Install

We took down over a 2000 tap system starting in October and had it back up by start of the sugar season in the spring. Put in the wet/dry system and replaced ALL the old tubing in the woods or washed and reused it in a new layout that we came up with.

At most we had 2 teams of 3 people for a short stint at the last month before season. They helped us get the job wrapped up, getting tap lines out but the Laterals and Wet dry lines were basicaly installed with a 2 person crew (myself and Father inlaw)

We did the surveying and layout ourselves... Pretty clean and logical system all things considered.

The little sighting tool was invaluable for setting the 4-6 degree slopes on the lateral lines. I used a basic compass to hold my direction while passing through the woods following the topography. I put ribbons on the trees, then tied the cable to myself and took off through the woods following the routes marked by the ribbons.

Haynes Forest Products Guest

Jason Are you going to be in Sturgeon Bay Wisc.

i will for sure be in milwaukee, green bay ,antigo, and marshfield then going into the U.P. so a side trip may be possible.
    western territory manager for h2o innovation
    past professional tubing installer
    16x32 heavy timber frame sugarhouse
    2600 taps on vacuum
    [url]www.photobucket.com/grossmanbrothers[/url
    www.ohiomapleproducts.com

Haynes Forest Products Guest

Well you need to stop in on Jim S. I have a buddy that just got a new RO so Im assuming more taps are in order. He has the woods done for him so I was wondering.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12