PDA

View Full Version : Classifieds

Buckeye mapler
12-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Just wondering how long the for sale area will be shut down. I am looking for some used tubing. I am going to use it to run some lines to 55 gallon drums instead of collecting all the buckets. The land owner wont let me keep lines up all year so I figured I would buy some used line.

Lazarus
12-27-2010, 03:49 PM
Howdy Buckeye! How are you doing this year?

We're expanding to 100 taps this year with big silvers mostly. We were also planning on going to tubing this year as well; however, it looks like we'll be sticking with buckets. I was speaking with Anderson's in Wisconsin about this, and Steve said that that tubing on gravity was going to give a lot less yield than what I got off of a straight tap. A lot of combinations of factors involved, but said I should expect less flow.

I think I remember that you are not able to collect every day (?), so if that's true, then maybe you'll need the tubing with the bigger containers. I'm not happy about using straight buckets for all those trees, but I want to keep my yield up. Last year we produced an astonishing 7 gallons off of our 20 taps on similar sized trees. I don't want to lose that.

Just food for thought.

-Lazarus

maple flats
12-27-2010, 07:33 PM
Even if you are using experienced tubing, I highly recommend using new drops. The sap will flow longer.
Buckeye, are you coming to Verona? If yes, I have lots of used tubing you could have at an extremely low price. How much do you need? To get details, PM me. This offer goes for anyone else too.

Buckeye mapler
12-29-2010, 08:08 PM
Lazarus, I hear you on the yield, but it is time I need to try to conserve on. I will use new drops like flats suggested. I have ran drops to buckets and they seem to to do pretty good. I am considering a few options right now. I am very busy with updates so I have not made a decision. That is a crazy crop you came up with last season. Especially silvers. I am telling you now that 100 taps is going to be 5 times as busy as 20!!!! Not just mathwise either. I know there are guys on here with way more, but 100 hundred from 20 is going to be a bit of a jolt at first.