PDA

View Full Version : setting up a 2x6 leader patriot

Brian Ledoux
12-04-2010, 09:57 PM
Wondering if someone has any advice on where to go to get some guidance on setting up a 2x6 leader patriot. I bought it used from a big producer that is about 3 hours north of me. I am not the most mechanically inclined person, and don't have the first clue how the evaporator, specifically the float boxes and all the valves/fittings, need to be set up. I read the packing list, and instructions. Not much help to me. I am not even sure if I have all the parts that should have come with it. I did not try asking the producer who sold it to me yet because I am not sure if they would know how it should be set up since it was not their unit. Does anyone think that the folks at leader would be willing to help since I did not buy it from them?

tuckermtn
12-05-2010, 06:15 AM
Leader has excellent customer service. They will definitely give you some help over the phone.

I work in Concord a few days a week. if you need more help, let me know. Be happy to come take a peek.

Your going to need a bigger sugarhouse pretty soon-

Flat47
12-05-2010, 06:29 AM
Definately give Leader a call. Also take a look at their web site leaderevaporator.com as it has some tech info in the "Information Center." There aren't any pictures or scematics, so it may not be entirely helpful, but it's worth checking. They've got info on both the Patriot pans and the arch.

You can always post here. Post some pics of what you've got and we'll talk you through it best as possible.

DrTimPerkins
12-05-2010, 07:27 AM
... take a look at their web site leaderevaporator.com as it has some tech info in the "Information Center."

Patriot evaporator instructions are here: http://www.leaderevaporator.com/pdf_files/lightning-raised-flue-set-of-pans.pdf

Brian Ledoux
12-06-2010, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the responses. I will and contact Leader first and see how that goes. If they were closer I'd drive there, but that is six hours of driving. Perhaps I will give the phone a try first.

Tuckermtn - really kind of you to offer. I am hopeful leader can help!

Brokermike
12-06-2010, 12:18 PM
it's a lot less than 6 hours to get to their Rutland VT location.

Brian Ledoux
01-16-2011, 09:45 PM
visited leader in Rutland, VT. They have an awesome showroom there. They were incredibly helpful. Their sales person,Bill not only answered all of my questions, but also made a few great suggestions that I will be implementing for my set up.
Overall, I am extremely pleased with the help I got from Leader. Before the visit, setting up the evaporator seemed way over my head. Now, I am confident that it should go pretty smooth.