PDA

View Full Version : Yum

Acer
12-03-2010, 12:56 PM
Maple syrup and peanut butter sandwich for lunch.

Use the natural PB that has the oil separate on top, it is so much better than the hydrogenated corn sweetened stuff.

When I have maple sugar around I use that its even better than the syrup.

Smuckers is the best PB.

Amber Gold
12-03-2010, 04:10 PM
Try PB and maple cream...really good.

Dennis H.
12-03-2010, 04:24 PM
I have to imagine that that combination would taste good, because when I was younger I use to eat PB & Honey sandwiches all the time

Amber Gold
12-03-2010, 04:25 PM
I had PB and honey for lunch...also a good sandwich.

Ausable
12-03-2010, 05:30 PM
The Sandwiches You mention all sound good - even today. When I was a kid - we would butter two slices of bread and put white sugar on it - Sugar Sandwich.... Gives me the creeps to think about it. The worst sandwich I ever made was a Mincemeat sandwich - dumb kid that I was - saw the word meat on the jar and thought - why not --- that was a just one bite sandwich.
Ever had a head-cheese sandwich or a pickled herring sandwich - My Dad liked those. ---------- Ha - Guess whatever You can put on bread and eat is a sandwich.....

red maples
12-03-2010, 06:18 PM
I used to do honey toast , butter, then honey. used to make sugar sandwiches..yep did that too. I love PB but was never a big PB&J fan but love the reeses PB anything, right now x-mas trees. I was a big bologna with person still am. but when you run out of bologna then its just a relish sandwich:)

maple cream on a toasted bagel or toasted bagel chips really good!!! my daughter eats it all the time!!!

my wife likes pickled herring in sour cream....I like sadines but there is something about sweet pickled fish that just turns me off!!!

Goggleeye
12-03-2010, 06:59 PM
Maple syrup, Peanut butter (yep, the natural stuff), and vanilla ice cream. Now that is good. Ever try maple on hamburgers? It's awesome, especially with some homemade sandwich pickles and real mayo. Also great on fried eggs, steak, brats, carrots, sweet taters, cereal, basically everything I eat. Wife just confessed to me she mixes syrup and PB and eats a bowl of that occasionally.

Ausable
12-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Just remembered - When the Deer hunting has been good - My Son makes up Brats and one of his Brat recipes calls for Maple Syrup and I think the Maple Brats are great.......Naturally

smitty76
12-08-2010, 06:44 PM
I am starting to get hungry, not much of a honey guy but the maple sandwhiches sound good. never have tried any of them but will at my first chance. I love pb and agree that smucker is the best. I used to eat the all natural stuff (and liked it) but now eat peter pan cause that is what the kids eat. Going to put some in the sugar house to snack on when working there.

MapleSyrupWorld
12-24-2010, 10:47 AM
Try PB and maple cream...really good.

Tried that this week, OMG, it's awesome!

tony brown
12-25-2010, 08:03 PM
i havent been on in a little bit but i just to come in and see ppl that are just like me

collinsmapleman2012
12-25-2010, 08:11 PM
my friend once said "Maple syrup goes with anything. it cant make anything disgusting cuz its maple syrup" :D
today for christmas dinner i made maple carrots... boil the carrots then cook them in syrup. YUM!!!
gotta try some of these sandwiches

MapleSyrupWorld
01-04-2011, 07:59 PM
Checkout our site,

We have literally hundreds of awesome recipes using maple syrup!

Didn't try them all but a lots and some are quite surprising like: Andouille Apple pot pies with maple cornbread crust

People are cooking with maple syrup more and more.