PDA

View Full Version : price per tap for tubing installation

PATheron
12-02-2010, 06:37 PM
Does anyone know what it costs to hire tubing intalled at this point in time? Im wondering what it would cost per tap to hire a topnotch wet/dry installation start to finsh. Im just curious about the cost and how bad it would be. Thanks Theron

Randy Brutkoski
12-02-2010, 06:51 PM
I think it is $10 to $12 a tap.

batsofbedlam
12-02-2010, 07:12 PM
I am in the midst of having a 700-800 sugarbush installed. A crew of 3 from Vt. Top notch work, costing me $5 per tap plus cost of equipment. It consists of a 1 1/2 inch wet-dry line running 1500 feet through a road culvert. 1 inch laterals off of the 1 1/2 inch lines. I can let you know the total when they finish on Saturday. I will add photos to my album.

Homestead Maple
12-02-2010, 08:20 PM
I am in the midst of having a 700-800 sugarbush installed. A crew of 3 from Vt. Top notch work, costing me $5 per tap plus cost of equipment. It consists of a 1 1/2 inch wet-dry line running 1500 feet through a road culvert. 1 inch laterals off of the 1 1/2 inch lines. I can let you know the total when they finish on Saturday. I will add photos to my album.

That sounds like a very reasonable price to me. I know one installer that gets $12.00 a tap and it can run as high as $20.00 per tap with some installers and they provide the materials.

vtmaplemaker
12-02-2010, 09:41 PM
$5 per tap is not a great bargin, its about average.. it costs about $7 per tap for materials so there is your 12... just to be sure and check some of their other installs first, It seems that just because someone has a tie tool and a 2 handed tubing tool, they can all of a sudden do a pro install.. There is a big difference between a install, and a really good install.

Thad Blaisdell
12-03-2010, 05:09 AM
Theron what are you looking to have done? The cost for just having someone do say the black pipe and wire is .20 per foot. That is .20 for wire and .20 for pipe. Plus the cost of materials.

As far as the cost to do a whole sugarbush my understanding is that it is roughly $12 per tap. But depending on how and what the conductor line needs to be that price can go up.

PATheron
12-03-2010, 06:20 PM
Thad- Im not going to do anything right now. I was just curious. Im going to finish up around my house this year and after this I dont think Im going to put anymore in myself. Im thinking Ill hire it done. Itll take a little longer to pay for it but it would free me up a lot. I was thinking price on wet/dry, 50' spacing on mains and 5 taps per lat with black line. I want the more taps but I think Im going to get to a point with working full time Ill maintain things through the year and that will keep me busy enough and have someone else put the new stuff in. Theron

Thad Blaisdell
12-03-2010, 09:12 PM
Next year when you get to that point give me a shout. Maybe I could be convinced to come out and help you out. I could take a working vacation.

How many taps are you thinking about adding on?

allgreenmaple
12-04-2010, 05:14 AM
Thad- Im not going to do anything right now. I was just curious. Im going to finish up around my house this year and after this I dont think Im going to put anymore in myself. Im thinking Ill hire it done. Itll take a little longer to pay for it but it would free me up a lot. I was thinking price on wet/dry, 50' spacing on mains and 5 taps per lat with black line. I want the more taps but I think Im going to get to a point with working full time Ill maintain things through the year and that will keep me busy enough and have someone else put the new stuff in. Theron I've had to hire people this year for tubing installation. I bought all material, & paid by the hr. Impossible for me to do it & run a business too.

red maples
12-04-2010, 06:32 AM
sounds like the wives are flexing their muscles here:lol:

Parker
12-04-2010, 07:02 PM
THAD!!!! .40 cents a foot????.......SINE ME UP...HOLY SMOKES!!!! I did 4000' of wire and 1" in one day,could have done another 1000' pretty easy,,,,thats $1600!!!!!!!!! I would HAPPILEY do it for half that!!!!!

Thad Blaisdell
12-05-2010, 04:58 AM
My thoughts exactly. That is why I do it myself from now on. I paid it once only because I had to in order to get it done in time. But this year no way. I did 6000 feet one day by myself. Wrote myself out a check and deposited it before it could bounce:lol: One of my best pay days ever. If I was going to do a lot I would hire someone to help. Simply to stand at the wire spooler and make sure everything unspooled correctly. Tighten the wire so that I could walk back through and put it up on the trees where it needed to go and only have to make one pass. And then to help undo the black pipe. Maybe would need a $12 per hour person. You could almost double your daily amount.