PDA

View Full Version : Feild wiring a carlin 601 oil burner ?

white mt
12-01-2010, 07:07 PM
Hi Im in need of some help with wiring a carlin 601 burner. Any guys out their with one I could use a few pointers. I have a emergency switch wired to the burner for on off control . with power to the switch wire as it comes to the burner. So thats ok. It looks like most of the wiring is pre done but I have 3 wires a red? a blk and wht That are for feild wiring. I wired the black to black white to white and red I not sure off, but I have it on both and the burner still wont take off. also I have a jumper wire to T AND T on the control to bypass a thermostat that I wont have I think that is correct Its just on and off at the switch. Any thought thanks White mt

JoelSapKing
12-01-2010, 09:59 PM
Usually the red wire is part of the safety circuit. Do you have a red reset button on the burner?

white mt
12-02-2010, 05:11 AM
Hi yes I have a reset button . pushed it. and no power.

whalems
12-02-2010, 07:37 AM
Found this http://www.fieldcontrols.com/wiringdiagrams.phpsite Don't know exactly what you have but their are several wiring diagrams for various oil burners. so it might give you an idea. Hope it helps. Mike

Potters3
12-02-2010, 03:20 PM
Google carlin they have a good website with all the wirediagrams on it. Should be under user manual on the web

JoelSapKing
12-02-2010, 05:35 PM
pull the relay control off burner [reset button is on] and on one side will be a wiring diagram. older ones under cover.

white mt
12-02-2010, 06:25 PM
called carlin today red wire gos with black.Had to wait about 10 sec and the yellow light came on control and it fired thanks for all the input . white mt