PDA

View Full Version : Private Messages

Dennis H.
11-28-2010, 05:32 PM
Has anyone been able to send PM's?

I have tried now for a few days and can not send any. I always get a server error screen.

Haynes Forest Products
11-28-2010, 06:18 PM
I got one from Jim Shumacher on Saturday and all worked well. He was out here for the holidays. We had the first Maple Trader Conferance in a Rocky Mountain area. Had a good time shooting the BULL and because it was early on Sunday NO BEER WAS HARMED.

Dennis H.
11-29-2010, 07:31 AM
I can't send a screen shot to the powers to be so here is a screen shot of the error screen.
I did as you said Jim cleared out all settings and cookies, which I do on a regular basis and still nothing.

Brokermike
11-29-2010, 08:12 AM
I got that frequently when trying to post before the upgrade, haven't had it happen since

mapleman3
11-29-2010, 02:44 PM
I will have our webmaster look into this.

Jim Brown
11-29-2010, 03:12 PM
Dennis H; I have been having the same problem .I though I waS doing something wrong! i can't send PM's also
Thanks
Jim

BryanEx
11-29-2010, 03:54 PM
Jim... willing to bet that one of the file directories vBulletin is not set to the correct permissions after the upgrage but the server error log will tell you for sure.

jasonl6
11-29-2010, 04:44 PM
Had that problem on and off before the upgrade. All seems ok so far. Keep up the good work mods we all appreciate it.

Jaso

tuckermtn
11-29-2010, 05:40 PM
Dennis and Jim- must be something about being from PA...

Dennis H.
11-29-2010, 06:55 PM
Ok I finally got it to work.

I had to clear all history and cookies ALONG WITH passwords. Before I was ONLY clearing my history and cookies.

I then had to make sure that I Had to log into the trader again. It keep me logged in so I had to log out of the trader then log back in.
I was then able to send a PM.

Not sure if it was something that had to do with something that is saved on my computer from the pre-updated Trader that required me to clear EVERYTHING out and start new but now it works.

Jim Schumacher
11-29-2010, 09:19 PM
Chuck, I made it through TSA with the auto-draw controls. Good thing I had syrup along to gain their trust. Thanks again. Have you ever heard of anyone tapping the maples out there?

mapleman3
11-30-2010, 09:24 PM
What happens with browsers sometimes is it remembers how it worked in the past if the cookies are still there, but new rendered web pages won't load , thats when you go to the options in your browser tool menu and delete cookies, history AND passwords if needed.... Thanks Dennis and I'm glad that worked for you.