PDA

View Full Version : New 20' by 20'

waysidemaple
11-26-2010, 02:41 PM
The construction is pretty well under way. Two sides are framed and cement will be poured as soon as I am on christmas break. To see pictures click on the link in my signature they are on facebook but I think it will work. I never have luck posting pictures on here.

Scott

bix
11-26-2010, 03:45 PM
looks good scot is it a 2x8 from a&a u will love it maybe zack and i could stop by some time

waysidemaple
11-26-2010, 04:12 PM
Yup, same one you have. I can't wait to fire it up. Yeah you guys will have to stop in when zack and I are on christmas break. Good luck on monday to both of you if your going to be hunting. Ill be skipping my classes. haha

Sugarmaker
11-26-2010, 06:18 PM
Scott,
Very good looking start on your new sugar house. Nice to have a brand new shiny evaporator to set in there too! You will have lots of fun in there.
Regards,
Chris

jasonl6
11-27-2010, 07:16 AM
Nce looking sugar shed. We also just bought a set of pans from A&A. They are great to deal with. New evap look great.

Jason

waysidemaple
12-26-2010, 06:19 PM
Heres a few updated pictures of the sugar house. I finally got them to upload.

maple connection
12-26-2010, 06:26 PM
Wow!! Thats a nice looking cabin not shack.

heus
12-26-2010, 06:46 PM
I like all of the windows you decided to put in.

waysidemaple
12-26-2010, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the compliments! I already wish I had gone a little bigger. I plan to add a bottling room off the front...were the standard door is...in the next few years.

heus
12-26-2010, 08:36 PM
I added onto mine 3 times within less than a year of building the original 12x16.

Rockwood
12-27-2010, 05:38 PM
Very nice. I'd love to see how the stove pipe is going to be run. For I am at the stage of figuring out how to install it, with just a tin roof..

waysidemaple
12-27-2010, 06:00 PM
Im going to try the galvanized trash can roof jack that has been talked about on here. I can't swing for a real roof jack there just to much money. Maybe in a few years when i upgrade evaps. and such. Ill take pictures when we get to that stage and post them.

mapleack
12-28-2010, 10:46 AM
What about a roof jack from A&A? Never seen one, but the price looks good. I'd go to whatever length necessary to keep water out of your nice new building.

waysidemaple
12-28-2010, 01:16 PM
Would you by chance have the number for them. I'd give them a call to see. Im not real knowledgable on roof jacks. I have a 10" smoke stack, what size roof jack would I need?

Paddymountain
12-28-2010, 02:10 PM
I'm just about ready to install my roof jack and pipe, I was thinking about taking pictures as I install it and starting a new thread for it. It seems like there has been pretty much discussion about roof jacks here on the Trader,
this fall.

mapleack
12-28-2010, 02:17 PM
Theres an image of their price list in this thread http://mapletrader.com/community/showthread.php?t=9501&page=3 , post # 26, posted by Jasonl6 in Shinglehouse. They're amish, so no phone. I haven't seen any of their work, but everyone who has seems to be impressed.

waysidemaple
12-28-2010, 03:57 PM
Thanks ill check it out. A new thread on roof jacks would be great with lots of pictures. My roofing will be delivered tomorrow. It's suppose to warm up here at the end of the week so that should be nice for putting the roof on

Ausable
12-29-2010, 02:49 PM
You do very nice work Waysidemaple - If You end up in the Dog House - You will be doing it in style -- Again -- Nice Job

waysidemaple
12-29-2010, 04:50 PM
Thanks...haha yeah thats the plan! Got 2 sheets of roofing up today. Not sure how much we will get done tomorrow, one of my sisters friends (16) was killed in a car accident on christmas day and tomorrow is the viewing. Not looking forward to tomorrow. Ill post pictures tomorrow if we end up getting a considerable amount done.

farmall h
12-29-2010, 05:21 PM
Waysidemaple that sugar "house" is way too nice! Looks like you have loft storage because of the open rafters? Very nice.

waysidemaple
12-30-2010, 04:03 PM
Got a lot done today. Here are a few pictures of the progress. Yes there will be loft space for my buckets and new tubing. Hopefully we will finish off the roof and get the trim on tomorrow.

remkel
12-30-2010, 05:52 PM
Looking great, Wayside. I like the idea of the loft. Hope you enjoy come February!

RipTyd
12-30-2010, 08:48 PM
Your sugar house looks awesome!!! Enjoy!!!

waysidemaple
01-11-2011, 07:46 PM
A few new pics.

Sugarmaker
01-11-2011, 07:52 PM
Wayside,
That is a great looking sugarhouse.
What is the roof pitch? 6/12?
I really like the window around the sides and back too. You will like the arch raised up for firing.
Thanks for posting.
Chris

waysidemaple
01-11-2011, 08:04 PM
Sugarmaker - good guess it is 6/12 pitch and yes I saw a picture on here where the evap. was raised and I liked that idea. I wouldn't have done it without seeing on mapletrader. I do love this site.

danno
01-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Wayside - very, very nice! I loved watching it go up.

Paddymountain
01-12-2011, 03:18 PM
Great looking sugarshack, you'll love the windows with all the light they let in.
looks like you'll be ready before too long!!!

PATheron
01-13-2011, 05:03 AM
Wayside- Super sugarhouse. Send me some directions so I can come see it. Lot of great trees in your neck of the woods down there, your going to have a blast. Theron

lastwoodsman
01-13-2011, 06:02 AM
Beautiful sugarhouse! Great scenery to look of those windows at. Spring won't come fast enough for you!!
Woodsman

waysidemaple
01-13-2011, 08:22 AM
Theron I am 1 mile easy of the intersection of route 6 and 14 north. There will be a little dinner place on your right we are just up the road from there, big white house with stone walls out front. I'm only home on weekends after this week so stop in some weekend. I was thinking of stopping in tomorrow sometime to see your place, any certain time I should or shouldn't stop in? We also have a big rock out front that says wayside farm.

waysidemaple
01-13-2011, 08:24 AM
Thanks for all the compliments guys. It was fun to build and post the pics on here.

mapleack
01-13-2011, 10:15 AM
Theron I am 1 mile easy of the intersection of route 6 and 14 north. There will be a little dinner place on your right we are just up the road from there, big white house with stone walls out front. .

Please stop talking about Julie's Diner. You're making me hungry for an omelet!!! :) I've probably driven past your farm 100 times and didn't know it, nice looking new sugarhouse!

waysidemaple
01-13-2011, 12:48 PM
Julie's Diner is the one. They have some good food. If your ever going by on a weekend stop in ill be around. Week days I'm at school and only the grandpa and dad are home.

PATheron
01-13-2011, 01:26 PM
Wayside- I know right where you are now. Julies is my favorite diner. This weekend is not really a good one to get together just on account of some family things going on but any weekend after this will be fine. Theron

Dennis H.
01-13-2011, 02:19 PM
You all keep saying nice windows, heck who needs windows with that fancy light that is standing by the evap!!:lol:

BTW nice looking sugarhouse, I can't honsety call it a shack, not that one. Great job.

What size did you end up making it? Are you going to add wood storage?

waysidemaple
01-13-2011, 05:09 PM
Theron - Okay no problem I'm going to plan to stop in next Saturday unless you say otherwise. The 22 that will be.

Dennis H - Yes there will be wood storage, but not this year. We have a woodshed that is about half way between the house and sugar house, so for this year I'm just going to take up a tractor load at a time. The plan is to put it off the side that the sliding door is on. I also plan to add a bottling room off the front where the door is next year or the year after.

The roof jack came today and I was able to get that on and the stack through the roof. The fire brick is all in the evap. and the heat lamp is in the fire box. If I can get he bulk tank up the hill tomorrow and set that I'll try to plumb it in and I think I'll be ready to go when BIGSAP hits.

waysidemaple
01-13-2011, 05:11 PM
O yeah the light, I found that in the barn while throwing hay down for the horses. I think it adds a little class HAHAHA:lol:

bigschuss
01-14-2011, 09:54 AM
Nice shack. I am going to be building a 12x16 in the spring and I just found this forum. I am really curious about the framing of the shack. Looks like it's kind of a timberframe/stickbilt hybrid. I just you a PM with some questions.

Really nice looking shack!