PDA

View Full Version : Lease agreements...

allgreenmaple
11-25-2010, 06:12 AM
How long? 5 years, 10 years? Possibly depending on how big? Investment required to initally set up? Acessability? How bad you really want this bush? Thoughts anybody?

Thad Blaisdell
11-25-2010, 06:27 AM
Distance to travel comes into play also. I am willing to pay $1 per tap for over 2000 taps with a 10 year lease. If it is close enough to me. Less taps would equal a lesser per tap. The costs of installing power buying a vacuum pump and installing are all factors.

Costs of set up. I figure to set up a woods, Just the woods. Costs between $5 and $6 per tap, not including labor. That is just materials. Then depending on size you would have vacuum pump, releaser, tanks, power, a building of some sort.

Hope this helps.

allgreenmaple
11-25-2010, 06:18 PM
Distance to travel comes into play also. I am willing to pay $1 per tap for over 2000 taps with a 10 year lease. If it is close enough to me. Less taps would equal a lesser per tap. The costs of installing power buying a vacuum pump and installing are all factors.

Costs of set up. I figure to set up a woods, Just the woods. Costs between $5 and $6 per tap, not including labor. That is just materials. Then depending on size you would have vacuum pump, releaser, tanks, power, a building of some sort.

Hope this helps. Good food for thought, thanks for good input. I have several lots I will be approaching in the coming year, a couple are good size. Vacuum may be an option at some point, we shall see.

Thad Blaisdell
11-25-2010, 07:00 PM
I would not pay $1 if I could not set up vacuum. Actually I wouldn't even want it. You may want to consider that. The difference in production from non-vacuum and having vacuum is just to great.

jcb
11-26-2010, 03:23 AM
I think it depends on your area. I pay in Syrup, I use .50 per tap at retail price, everyone is happy. If I were to do a large sugar bush on vac then I would think about a lease to protect the investment. The small stuff I do on a hand shake, but I have lived here for years and know the land owners where I tap for a long time.

sugarmountain
11-27-2010, 06:07 PM
I am leasing a sugarworks at a dollar per tap as well. This seems to be the trend when the conditions are good, such as hard maple, high density, power availability, roads and general condition of the property (brush, timber that needs removing) My lease is set up so base line priceis a dollar a tap at average 2.90 per pound based on u.s.d.a per pound value. Syrup goes up, price per tap goes up. Price goes down, price per tap goes down. works out well for sugarmaker and landowner. This is on a works with future expansion to 8000 taps. Term of ten years with the ability to lease for another ten years at the end of the term. Works well for me.