PDA

View Full Version : Semi or ridged??

PARKER MAPLE
11-25-2010, 05:47 AM
Ok so last season I bought just semi ridged tubing. Now im wondering if here is any advanages to buying the ridged stuff. I used the semi for everything, from string up laterials to drop lines, seamed to work ok. Is this correct installation or is there a better way.

Also looking for some grey tubing for the piece of woods im seting up any suggestions?

Thanks Maple Rookie. HAPPY THANKSGIVING

red maples
11-25-2010, 09:20 AM
Ask 10 people get 11 answers. :)

Here's mine last year I did mine with all rigid even drops. basically because it was way cheaper, and I didn't know any better.

Anyway rigid seems to be the best for the laterals because it resists sags when it gets warmer and also from what I have read here when you stretch the semi too much the inner diameter can be smaller as well. Semi is good for drops because of its flexiblity around the tree. Semi is good for any take down lines beacuse it is much easier to roll up.

I am changing out all my drops this year from rigid to semi.

markct
11-25-2010, 05:44 PM
i have found the leader max grip to be a good comprimise, the ipl semi ridgid tubing i have used before was a bit too stretchy, especialy on longer runs, but i dont like the lack of stretch in ridgid tubing as it tends to be more damaged by falling branches etc. the leader max grip seems kinda halfway in between, and i like that it goes on the stupid oversize leader fittings a bit better than the ipl. the only thing i dont like is that its harder to see the sap in than the ipl which is very clear and smooth