PDA

View Full Version : Classified Ads?

DaveB
11-24-2010, 08:43 AM
I noticed that the classified ads section was down and I was looking to place an ad for some syrup that I'm looking to buy. Per Jim's post about the classifieds, I'm updating my original posting here. I'm looking to buy 30-60 gallons of DA or good tasting B from someone within driving distance of me (near Springfield, MA), preferably in Connecticut but Mass., So. VT, NH and E. NY are OK too. I'll pay $2.75/lb and I will pickup so there is no need for delivery. PM me if you are looking to sell some or have a counter offer.

Thanks,

Dave

tuckermtn
11-24-2010, 10:32 AM
bascoms is an option-

DaveB
11-24-2010, 11:26 AM
I've bought from Bascoms before and I could go there but I'm hoping to buy direct from another producer and save a couple of bucks. They buy syrup for $2 something a pound and sell it for $3 something a pound. If all else fails, I'll go there.

Anyone have some drums or 5 gallon containers that they want to sell? I'll pay a premium over what a wholesaler will give you. :D

Dave

DrTimPerkins
11-24-2010, 11:56 AM
I've bought from Bascoms before .... They buy syrup for $2 something a pound and sell it for $3 something a pound.

That's pretty standard in sales transactions in any industry. They're not going to sell it to you for the same or less than they have into it (purchase price + storage + handling). They'd be out of business fairly quickly if they did.

tapperdan1
11-24-2010, 03:22 PM
I have syrup all grades for 4.20 a pound. All filtered. Ready to in 5 gallon cans

DaveB
11-24-2010, 03:27 PM
That's pretty standard in sales transactions in any industry. They're not going to sell it to you for the same or less than they have into it (purchase price + storage + handling). They'd be out of business fairly quickly if they did.

I agree....that's precisely why I'm looking to buy directly from another producer. Thanks for the business 101 insight though.

DaveB
11-24-2010, 03:30 PM
I have syrup all grades for 4.20 a pound. All filtered. Ready to in 5 gallon cans

I'm looking for wholesale, not retail, but thanks for the offer. Bascom's has 5 gallon containers, all filtered for $3.09/lb.

Seriously, I was mostly posting about where I could place an offer to buy syrup since the classified ads section was down. Since we're getting into particulars, I'm looking to buy about 30-60 gallons of DA or good tasting B for $2.75/lb which is a little higher than the wholesalers are paying right now. I'll also pick it up so no delivery if required. If anyone is interested, PM me. I'm open to other offers if someone has a different idea.

orange county maple
12-24-2010, 01:23 PM
That's pretty standard in sales transactions in any industry. They're not going to sell it to you for the same or less than they have into it (purchase price + storage + handling). They'd be out of business fairly quickly if they did.WOW you have to be Dr. in trees to know that about business to you have a MBA also?

BryanEx
12-24-2010, 02:15 PM
WOW you have to be Dr. in trees to know that about business to you have a MBA also?
I can't say as I understand why there have been several snotty remarks in response to Dr. TimPerkins posts of late. Dr Tim is one of the many valuable resources MapleTrader has to offer in my opinion and I would hate to loose his participation here. It's fine to disagree with his view point or to argue his research results (after all, mythology and urban legends must still be created somewhere) but off-the-cuff remarks directed at him personally I find unacceptable given the nature of what we all do and what Maple Trader is all about. orange county... you've had some great posts here but I can't say I as support you on this one because I don't feel it was right.

Thad Blaisdell
12-24-2010, 02:58 PM
I thought this was the season of giving.... not bashing.

steam maker
12-24-2010, 05:31 PM
:( i think some of u need a timeout..... this whole site is based on peoples opinions. tim gave his honest opinion.. if u dont like it dont ask questions

ahowes
12-24-2010, 06:25 PM
Still a great site. Merry Christmas all!

marc
12-24-2010, 07:26 PM
BryanEx, I agree with you. The good Dr. has earned and deserves a little respect. I for one enjoy his comments. I hope he can let the negativity roll of his back.

maple flats
12-24-2010, 07:30 PM
And everyone should remember, the Dr title with Dr Tim Perkins is real, not made up. He has the education and does the research as his full time job. We should all listen and try to learn. We can question but should never be rude, to Dr Tim or any other trader. We are in the trader to share and learn.