PDA

View Full Version : Waterguys so far so good

backyardsugarer
11-22-2010, 06:07 PM
I fired up the RO I bought from waterguys today and ran some water through it to flush to flush the preservatives out of the membrane. Everything ran smooth and it runs right at 225 psi. Happy with is so far, now we will see how it handles sap in a few month. From a business standpoint they were great on the phone. I had a few set up questions for them and they called me back within an hour.

I do have one question about RO membranes in general. I forgot to save permeate to store the membrane in so what should I do? Sterilize waterand store it in that or just wrap it in a plastic bag while it is still wet? Thanks

Chris

spud
11-23-2010, 01:35 AM
Chris,

Please keep us all posted on your new RO. I have been out of sugaring for 20 years because i moved to Alaska. I plan on moving back to Vermont next summer and buying a sugarwoods for me and the family to enjoy. I have been in contact with the waterguy's about their Ro's but they had very little information or spec's for the sugarmaker. They seemed to be very nice and their prices are good. I may want to buy one of these when i get started again. I hope you have a great year and this RO works real well for you.

Mike

gmcooper
12-04-2010, 11:55 AM
Backyardsugarer
Can you post some pics of your unit all set up? I have some info from Waterguys and am considering their unit.
Mark

backyardsugarer
12-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Mark,

I will try to take some pics and get them up this weekend. I have been busy in the woods running more maniline and laterals so I can get that RO working come March.

Chris

gmcooper
12-22-2010, 07:19 PM
Jeremy,
Let me know what you think when you get it. I have to wait till mid Jan at least before ordering.
Mark

rish
01-21-2011, 03:21 PM
March 2009, i purchased the first ro that the waterguy (winchester canal, ohio) built for the maple industry. We bought it after doing research on the smaller units available in the industry. This was even a better decision than buying my filter press. If my sugarcabin burned this morning, i would be on the phone this afternoon ordering another ro from the waterstore. I would be happy to share details on the performance of this machine.

Seldom seen farm
800 taps
waterstore ro
2x6
steamaway
4 gallon syrup per hour
home 570-744 -1791
cell 570-637-0305

gmcooper
01-29-2011, 10:23 PM
Jeremy,
Thanks for letting me look over the new RO. looks good!

maple flats
01-30-2011, 06:26 AM
March 2009, i purchased the first ro that the waterguy (winchester canal, ohio) built for the maple industry. We bought it after doing research on the smaller units available in the industry. This was even a better decision than buying my filter press. If my sugarcabin burned this morning, i would be on the phone this afternoon ordering another ro from the waterstore. I would be happy to share details on the performance of this machine.

Seldom seen farm
800 taps
waterstore ro
2x6
steamaway
4 gallon syrup per hour
home 570-744 -1791
cell 570-637-0305

rish, what size in GPH is your RO? I plan to buy one before the 2012 season if 2011 is near average or better or if my blueberry season is decent.