PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum Manuf and Model needed

sweetwoodmaple
04-14-2005, 06:39 AM
Take a look at my personal gallery. Anyone have any idea what make or model of pump this is?

Any help is much appreciated.

Brian

brookledge
04-14-2005, 10:17 PM
Brian
I looked at it and I can't help. There is no markings on it at all?
It has a little resemblence of a Gast rotary vane but not sure. Post a side view of it and clean it up looking for any markings.
Keith

sweetwoodmaple
04-15-2005, 06:31 AM
Thanks. I'll take a look when I get it.

I also lucked into a Cenco Hyvac 14 2 stage for $40 that is supposedly in working order. Not real high flow, but enough for me as well.

Brian

sweetwoodmaple
04-27-2005, 01:38 PM
The pump appears to have "BINMAN" or something like that in raised letters on the back of pump. Anyone every seen one of these?

brookledge
04-27-2005, 07:41 PM
May be you could talk to someone in the dairy industry to get a name of a salesman or repairman of vacuum pumps in Pa. I know that http://www.rayshenk.com/index.html sells used dairy tanks but don't know if he has any knowledge on vacuum pumps. Also you could get a hold of a gauge to measure CFMs that could tell you if it will be enough CFMs at 18"-20"Hg
Keith

sweetwoodmaple
04-27-2005, 08:26 PM
Thanks. I took the wire wheel to the name. It is definately HINMAN.

I believe this is another milking manufacturer similar to Delaval, Surge, etc.

Brian

Maple Flats
04-27-2005, 09:05 PM
Take pictures from all views and contact Hinman Milking Machine Co., Sherrill, NY. I am not familiar with their models but they should be able to help.

sweetwoodmaple
04-28-2005, 06:07 AM
Thanks, Maple Flats. I left you a pm on this. I can't seem to find the phone number for them.