PDA

View Full Version : Accounting Software for Maple Business

Brokermike
11-15-2010, 10:50 AM
I know many people are hobbyists and many others are running businesses in the Maple Industry. Just curious what folks are using for keeping their books.

Please feel free to say if you're a business or a hobbyist, what you're using, and why.

Jim Brown
11-15-2010, 11:04 AM
We use Quick Books. Ours is a business( but we all know there is no money in maple syrup!) My wife does books for our Daughter and Son-in-laws business,he is a contractor and our church books,she is the treasurer,She also uses it at her office to manage her bosses book keeping system of approx. 5 business.
Works well for us

Jim

red maples
11-15-2010, 12:37 PM
Quick books. mine is registered as a business too. I am still learning how to use it. but as long as I have all my receipts and what I sold its just a matter of sitting down and entering it in...which I haven't done at all this year yet so I have a nice stack of stuff to put in there.:(

And yep no money for me. it just all goes back into it. at least for the next few years anyway.

Thompson's Tree Farm
11-15-2010, 12:45 PM
Quick Books. Works good. -
Red Maples, Use your quickbooks program to write your checks. The expenses are then entered as you make the transactions. I just have to go back later to make sure I entered all the other expenses that I didn't use a check for.

BryanEx
11-15-2010, 05:14 PM
Hobbyist that's registered as a part time business and I just use a Quarto Pro spread sheet (Corel's version of Excel). If things were more complicated than a bunch of rows & columns I'd likely be running Quick Books as well.

Sugarmaker
11-15-2010, 08:49 PM
Hobby business: still using MS excel to run the numbers.

maple flats
11-16-2010, 06:00 PM
I run as a business, (farming, of which maple is only part) also use MS Excell. I make a huge spread sheet with all categories. When done I print the spread sheet, many pages, and tape them into one large spread sheet. This then all goes to my accountant. She likes it. Even though I hold a degree in business management, I no longer do my own taxes, far too many changes in the 40+ yrs since I graduated. I found an accountant to be worth her weight in gold.