PDA

View Full Version : Dominion Grimm Pans

kiegscustoms
11-05-2010, 10:31 AM
Anyone else use D&G Pans? I am looking to get a new set of pans and right now D&G is the cheapest. Wondering if anyone can give me some feedback regarding the performance / quality of the pans. I have only ever boiled on Leader or Small Brothers Pans. Debating weather to go with CDL Or D&G. Any input would be helpful.

themapleman54
11-05-2010, 01:13 PM
I have used D&G pans for years with no problems.

The Sappy Steamer
11-05-2010, 01:47 PM
I have D & G pans and haven't had any issues. They seem to be made well. Mine are a few years old now though. Who knows if the new ones are the same?

Thompson's Tree Farm
11-05-2010, 03:32 PM
I had D&G make me crossflow pans for my Grimm Lightning 4x12 this year. Had one problem related to measurement but that was corrected at their cost and the pans worked great.

timbers
11-05-2010, 04:18 PM
We have a d and g finishing pan and its very well made. No problems at all. Ian

sweetwoodmaple
11-05-2010, 07:44 PM
This is my 2nd D&G Evaporator and I have been pretty pleased with the pans.

One comment as compared to other evaporators is that the Thermometer stem goes in at a 45 degree angle down into the syrup. Not sure if this is still how they are made, but this has a good and bad point. Good = taking the therm. out while boiling to set to the boiling point of water. Leader and the likes have the entire stem in the syrup, so you cannot take it out while boiling.

The bad to this is the stem superheats with steam and you need to draw off at 9 or 10 degrees over to get the equivalent of 7 degrees as normal.