PDA

View Full Version : how much will fit on a pallet?

bison1973
11-04-2010, 11:46 AM
How many boxes of 4 one gallon jugs will fit on a standard pallet (one layer high)?

How many five gallon containers will fit on a standard pallet (one layer high)?

I thought maybe some of you have dealt with this already and would know.

Thanksd.

maple flats
11-04-2010, 05:36 PM
Which do you consider Std size? There are several popular sizes. 40x48, 42x48, 48x48, just to state 3. There are likely 10-15 very popular sizes. Next, when you decide which palet size, just go to a supply catalog for case sizes, each will be given in inches and do the math. Do not try to extend over any edge at all. Then, you can go layers which are most stable if you use a layer of cardboard between each layer especially for square cases like 4x1gal. Rectangular cases can be stacked to tie them together most times. A good stabilizer after stacking is to wrap the pallet with stretch wrap, available in many widths and walk around the pallet while wraping. It is like HD saran wrap.

brookledge
11-07-2010, 06:42 AM
another thing is once you have (4) 1 gallon cases boxed up you can stack them more than one high. The cardboard box bears the weight. I'm not sure what your objective is. But as maple flats said you need to determine what is available for pallets since there are many different. A sugarhill 4 gal case measures 13"X13"X12" So 9 cases would be 39"X39" packed tight probably be closer to 40X40
Asfor the 5 gal container do the same math
Keith

802maple
11-07-2010, 07:20 AM
As has been said, it depends on the pallett, when I get syrup ready to go to the Big- E I put 36 cases on a 40 x 42 pallet