PDA

View Full Version : maple coated popcorn?????

maplefrank
10-30-2010, 08:21 PM
has anyone tried maple coated popcorn????????i tried this today,my wife likes it, if it passes her test it must be good!!!!:D

maple flats
10-31-2010, 07:13 AM
We've made it for open houses, in the past. We find it goes stale too quickly in zip lock bags. Fresh it is a hit.

Ausable
10-31-2010, 01:46 PM
We make our own Popcorn often and I have wondered about Maple flavored Popcorn. Is there a trick to coating it so it dosen't get soggy? Would You be so kind as to share how You do it? -- Thanks -- Mike

maplefrank
10-31-2010, 02:34 PM
i heated the syrup to 240 then poured it on the corn, in a greased pan, and stirred till it cooled then put it on wax paper......

unclebuck
02-18-2011, 09:51 PM
WE make maple kettle korn and can't keep it in the sugar house we add dark or grade B syrup and remove some of the sugar as the popcorn pops it's coated with the sugar and maple syrup it's to die for

Goggleeye
03-03-2011, 12:00 PM
Unclebuck, could you give a few more specifics for the maple kettle corn. How much do you substitute for sugar? That sounds good.

Thanks

mark

unclebuck
03-04-2011, 12:18 PM
WE have a kettle korn machine to make it in but this is a secret recipe as to total ingreadiants but if you replace 1 cup of sugar and add 1 1/4 cup of dark or grade b syrup you will do fine the trick is to keep stiring while it's poppin or else the sugars will burn
oh yea by the way WEAR GLOVES LONG SLEAVE AND A FACE SHIELD

unclebuck
03-04-2011, 12:46 PM
Mark,
What part on mo. are you from my brother and mom live in warrensburg and my sister lives in lee's summit
thinking of moving after I retire Do you have sugars maples or others ?