PDA

View Full Version : HELP. i'M Missing Parts

talahi maple products
10-28-2010, 02:02 PM
First I have to say that I'm one of those maplers that's been reading this site for ever & never posted, and I have gotten loads of information from all of you. So THANK-YOU ALL!! Now here's my story. I started on a 2x4 English tin pan a friend gave me when he bought a stainless steel one for his finishing pan,. Now I bought a 2x8 used Small Brothers arch & pans from another fellow and this summer I've run pipe line,Remodled the Sugar Shack,and Installed The new arch, But the problem arose when I set the pans up I realized on the front pan, the stopper piece that hooks between the float and the float box that stops the sap from coming in is missing. Is there some place I can buy this piece? I've looked online but can't seem to find it. Thanks in advance.

mapleack
10-28-2010, 02:55 PM
I believe you're looking for a "z arm". Since Small Brothers got bought out by Lapiere, call a lapiere dealer, they should be able to fix you up. CDL may make them also....

maplwrks
10-28-2010, 04:12 PM
Give Bascoms a call--or shoot SBascom a pm here on the trader...he might be able to help you out.

Russell Lampron
10-28-2010, 05:30 PM
I think that the part you are looking for is an elbow with a cone shaped stopper that is lifted up by the float arm. I have the same set up on my Algier evaporator. Chris from the Maple Guys used to be an Algier dealer and might be able to help you out. You can send him a PM, "chris" is his user name and he is also the host of this site.

Another thing that you could do if you can't find the part is regulate the sap flow into the front pan with the ball valve that goes to the float box. I have done that on mine before. I had a stopper that was sticking closed and after almost burning my front pan a couple of times I took the float out and regulated the flow manually with the ball valve.

sugarmountain
10-28-2010, 08:23 PM
Bruce and david bascom have all of that stuff in stock, z arms, gaskets, floats etc.used and n.o.s. Leader's shop guys are very helpfull also and could adapt or construct something. Good luck!

talahi maple products
10-29-2010, 10:41 AM
Thank you all for the info, I'll contact one of the dealers now that I know what it's called.