PDA

View Full Version : 1 percent tax on your checking account

802maple
10-27-2010, 07:41 AM
Wow, this is getting scary!!

Mornin' fellas!

A 1% tax on all bank transactions!?!

Keep an eye on this one fellas.

I received this from a co-worker here at the office.

Feel free to pass it along.

D.J.

See below!!!!

Check this out...you say no new taxes? Sure! Be sure to vote some of
these guys out on Tuesday November 2nd!!!!!! Make sure to let everyone
know about this before Tuesday, November 2

Example: Your Check is $1,000.00 ands it's sent to your bank, The Fed
takes

$10.00 from your account.

As you write each check to pay bills, another 1% is charged.

I just confirmed this with Peter Welch's office (see his office
boilerplate response at the bottom of this email).

Dart

Subject: HR-4646

The bill (HR-4646) was introduced by US Rep Peter deFazio D-Oregon and
US Senator Tom Harkin D-Iowa. It is now in committee and will probably
not be brought out until after the Nov. elections.

Suggest that you pass this along and also to your state senator and
representative and US Congressman and Senators.

One percent transaction tax is proposed

President Obama's finance team is recommending a transaction tax. His
plan is to sneak it in after the November election to keep it under the
radar. This is a 1% tax on all transactions at any financial institution

i. e. Banks, Credit Unions , etc.. Any deposit you make, or move around
within your account, i. e. transfer to, will have a 1% tax charged. If
your pay check or your social Security or whatever is direct deposit ,
1% tax charged. If you hand carry a check in to deposit, 1% tax charged,

If you take cash in to deposit, 1% tax charged. This is from the man who

promised that if you make under $250,000 per year, you will not see one
penny of new tax. Keep your eyes and ears open, you will be amazed at
what you learn.

Some will say aw it's just 1%... remember once the tax is there they can

raise it.

Dear Mr. Everett,

Thank you for contacting me about H.R. 4646, the Debt Free America Act.
I appreciate your feedback on this issue.

Introduced by Representative Chaka Fattah, H.R. 4646 would impose a 1
percent fee on all payment instruments including cash transactions,
checks, credit cards, transactions processed through the Federal Reserve

Bank, or collected at the point of sale. The revenue would be used to
pay down the U.S. deficit.

H.R. 4646 was referred to the House Committees on Ways and Means and on
the Budget, Rules, and Appropriations. I will be sure to keep your
thoughts in mind should this legislation come before the full House of
Representatives. Please keep in touch. I look forward to seeing you in
Vermont soon.

Sincerely,

PETER WELCH

Member of Congress

red maples
10-27-2010, 08:00 AM
3 things I see!!!

1. vote republican SO this thing will hopefully die before it becomes a bill.
2. get money out of the banks and back into the matress and pay cash.
3. Well the banks are pretty much now government managed property so they will do as they fit to best please there astronomically over spending!!!

DrTimPerkins
10-27-2010, 09:30 AM
Urban myths....you gotta love them, especially in the political season. They take a hint of true info and twist it around so it sounds plausible.

In this case, what was left out of this information provided in the prior message is that HR-4646 (the true part being that it was actually introduced as a bill) also proposed to totally eliminate all federal income taxes. It also seeks to provide a 1% income credit to people making under $125,000 per year.

The bill originated out of Rep. Fattah's (D-Penn) office, and has no (ZERO) co-sponsors. Not a single other person in the House or Senate supported it. It did not originate, and has no support from the President's Office, Pelosi, DeFazio or Harkin.

Any Congressman/Senator can introduce any bill they want....that doesn't mean it will get any support or pass. Most are just assigned to a committee where they die a slow death from inaction.

Thompson's Tree Farm
10-27-2010, 11:07 AM
Thank You Dr. Perkins,
The "truthiness tales" that get put out by both sides drive me nuts and, I believe, really interfere with a properly functioning democracy. Nothing wrong with differing and ideas on how to approach problems, but there is a problem with deliberately misleading people. My humble opinion.
Doug

red maples
10-27-2010, 11:40 AM
Yes very true. You have to admitt though I think it can become contagous. ITs almost a virus sometimes. I have friends that are so involved and so blinded. If you tell them "don't believe everything you read" they accuse you of pratronizing them!!! they can't see it any other way. Everything is a conspirosy...I am sure I will get something that one!!!:rolleyes:

But you know if its on the internet IT HAS TO BE TRUE!!!:lol:

DrTimPerkins
10-27-2010, 01:07 PM
Nothing wrong with differing and ideas on how to approach problems, ...

Absolutely.

...but there is a problem with deliberately misleading people.

I agree. Please note that I (and I'm sure you) are not implying that anyone here was deliberately misleading anyone.

Fortunately the current bout of silliness will all be over in less than a week (thank goodness).

red maples
10-27-2010, 02:17 PM
I don't even answer my phone unless I definitely know the number...geez already!!!

allgreenmaple
10-27-2010, 06:04 PM
Urban myths....you gotta love them, especially in the political season. They take a hint of true info and twist it around so it sounds plausible.

In this case, what was left out of this information provided in the prior message is that HR-4646 (the true part being that it was actually introduced as a bill) also proposed to totally eliminate all federal income taxes. It also seeks to provide a 1% income credit to people making under $125,000 per year.

The bill originated out of Rep. Fattah's (D-Penn) office, and has no (ZERO) co-sponsors. Not a single other person in the House or Senate supported it. It did not originate, and has no support from the President's Office, Pelosi, DeFazio or Harkin.

Any Congressman/Senator can introduce any bill they want....that doesn't mean it will get any support or pass. Most are just assigned to a committee where they die a slow death from inaction. This is probably true, but undoutedly a very sly & sneaky way to get into the pocket of everyone here undoutedly. Politicians are truly acidic.

802maple
10-27-2010, 06:14 PM
I will not say that I totally agreed with everything about this message, but if it is in the thoughts of atleast one congressman or senator it can be just one step from being modified alittle to fit the feelings of the rest. All I am saying is if you walk around with your head buried in the sand thinking that this couldn't happen then, you better think again. It wasn't that many years ago that most people were saying that we wouldn't ever see the health insurance change to a single payer plan either. How is that working for us?

Revi
10-27-2010, 08:34 PM
Meanwhile, have you heard of QE2? I think it will involve around 3 trillion dollars shovelled into the banks by the Fed in hopes that they can revive the economy. It is direct monetization, buying up Treasury bills to try to get inflation going. It is called quantitative easing and they have already done around 1.7 trillion of it. It could lead to something called a "liquidity trap" that causes the financial system to cease to function, or it could lead to inflation. Either way it's not good. Don't blame Obama. The Fed is a privately owned central bank, so they do what they want.

Homestead Maple
10-27-2010, 08:52 PM
http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/debtfree.asp

tuckermtn
10-27-2010, 09:13 PM
homestead- yes- snopes- one of my favorite sites...

Brokermike
10-27-2010, 09:55 PM
as you might guess I'm a stock broker, actually mostly a bond broker, who ironically works for Canadian bank (RBC) in Manchester VT. Anyway, there are lots of untruths floating around for taxation, the fed bank, etc. The Fed is owned by member banks, not some crazy mob, and trust me they are itching to jumpstart the economy. No banks are making money with interest rates at zero, everyone hopes the economy gets better. Regardless of party my sincere hope is that EVERYBODY pays more attention going forward. If that happens we'll all be better off.

Cheers

802maple
10-28-2010, 07:07 AM
I couldn't agree with you more Brokermike and my main reason for posting this is for more people to pay attention as to what is going on in our government.

Most politicians are only lying when they talk (no matter what party) and if Mr. Welch had come out and said that he was against this bill ever seeing the light of day, it would have made me feel better. Instead he says that he will give consideration to a constituents opinion when and if it comes accross his desk, scares the hell out of me, personally.

Haynes Forest Products
10-28-2010, 09:43 PM
If you want to worry about something wait till 2012 when the 1099 rule take effect. Its not a myth that all transactions over $600.00 in a calander year will require a 1099. Yup your bulk buyer will require to 1099 you. You will also 1099 him when you buy supplies. Its not 600.00 per check or transaction but anything that adds up to 600.00 in a year.....YIKES

Mark
10-28-2010, 11:51 PM
We vote for whoever can most persuasively lie. I think most politicians are sociopaths and manipulators, that is how they got there in the first place.

markcasper
10-29-2010, 12:43 AM
The 1% checking thing is old news if you knew where to look. (No pun intended)

http://www.infowars.com/bankers-prepare-to-assault-americans-with-vat-transaction-taxes/

You won't hear anything true on the mainstream news. The TV set needs to just be taken to the dump!! Its all lies and propaganda! This will be nothing once the 401ks and pension funds go missing!

http://www.infowars.com/government-prepares-to-seize-private-pensions/

Most people have no idea of the rathole we are about to be thrown in to if the status-quo is continued. Republican or Democrat, 95% of them are bought and paid for, they are puppets. The Federal Reserve and the BIG banks are the real government. Don't vote for Republicans or Democrats, unless they are absolutely verified.

Want to know whats really happening in the world?

http://www.theinternationalforecaster.com/International_Forecaster_Weekly