PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip(finally)

Jim Brown
10-21-2010, 07:37 AM
Well it looks like the trip is finally on.(don't have every thing ready here yet) Have to go to Swanton and have my RO repaired(Lapierre) and then on to Canada for a couple of days and visit some friends there. Back in the Vt. area around the Nov 3-4-5 time frame to pick up the (hopefully repaired ro) . Love to see some of the traders in that areas operations if the time permits.
send me a message

Jim

Gary R
10-21-2010, 11:41 AM
Well it's about time Jim! Tappings right around the corner. I know, you've been busy selling syrup at the festival's:) Have a safe trip.

Russell Lampron
10-21-2010, 05:19 PM
Hi Jim,

Whats wrong with your RO? Any chance that you might be in NH while you are out here?

Jim Brown
10-21-2010, 05:37 PM
Russ; high pressure pump bearing seased up over the winter last year and when we started her this spring she squealed like crazy!Lapierre said(I called then when she was processing sap and squealing!) let her squeal and then change it after season.We are going to deliver it to them on Monday the 2nd and then go to some friends we have in Alexandria Ont. for a couple of days.Then come back to Swanton and poke our noses around a couple of antique stores or local sugarhouses and Leader of course, load the RO and head back for PA.Would love to have dinner or lunch with Traders in the area.
Time will tell

Thanks
Jim

Russell Lampron
10-22-2010, 05:33 AM
Jim keep us posted. I could make the drive to VT for something like that. Swanton is about 3 hours from here.

I am hoping that it was just because I had stored it dry. I heard a squealing noise out of mine that quickly went away when I started it last year. It only squealed that once and I never heard it again for the rest of the season.

Jim Brown
11-06-2010, 02:57 PM
Well the road trip was a sucess and the RO is reapired . Had a great evening and dinner With Russ Lampron and his wife and then traveled torwards home . Total miles 1700 since last Saturday morning
Good to be Home!

Jim