PDA

View Full Version : sandwich fair

red maples
10-08-2010, 08:02 PM
took some DA up today we'l see. long drive going back on monday.

might take a drive on the kankamangus highway with the kids.

there was only one looked like Med. entry, but I got there at 3:15.

Why can't the Deerfield fair be that easy go in sign up for a number fill out the entry form and done!!! thats it!!!

Homestead Maple
10-08-2010, 08:54 PM
When I left at 4:40 there were 9 samples and 4 of those were med.

red maples
10-09-2010, 08:28 AM
good looking like a good competion then. very excited to see how I did. If anyone is going to the fair write down the numbers of 1 2 3 places.

Amber Gold
10-10-2010, 07:20 PM
Brad, the trick is to have someone bring it for you. Mine's up there. We'll see how I do.

red maples
10-10-2010, 08:11 PM
yeah I know but I didn't know anyone going up there. thats ok!!! its a nice drive up 16 once you get past the construction.

red maples
10-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Yeah well I sucked!! I had a a close to perfect score and blew it on the density. I was so thick!!!! I don't what I did. It was so dense that was crystalizing at the fair!!! thought wasn't mine. but I check it and and its mine. I think the temp was wrong when I check it. but I did get 6th outa of a lot I didn't see exactly how many there were so I wasn't the worst. But it was a good learning experience. Next year Carlisle...next year!!!!

total score 69.5

0 outa 30 density it was 38.8 geez!!! Well good for my customers I guess.
34.5 outa 35 flavor (I'll take that any day!!)
20 outa 20 clarity
15 outa 15 package

Homestead Maple
10-11-2010, 06:36 PM
I think Patti Fisher was 1st. (I may not have the first name right).

Paul Weeks was second. (West Campton)

Bill Cheney was third. (Campton)

There were 10 entries from what I saw.

red maples
10-11-2010, 07:16 PM
yep I remember Fisher but was it Heidi...ah I don't remeber. I'll take 6th out of 10 I wouldn't say I did bad. the syrup is still really good just gotta get the density right!!! and remember to double check the density again right before the cap goes on the jar!!! :rolleyes:

Josh how did you do? Yours was displayed next to my crystalizing jar!!!
Is the Rochester fair a carlisle fair? I didn't think it was last year?

Amber Gold
10-12-2010, 06:21 AM
Not sure how I did. I was in the woods all weekend and didn't make it to the fair. I should find out this week. The people who bring it up for me also bring it back.

Rochester is not a Carlisle Fair.