PDA

View Full Version : 500 gal Stainless Steal bulk tank cost?

Greenthumb
04-07-2005, 08:06 AM
Hope everyone had a good year. In mid michigan the season was about 5 days long this year. made enough for the family supply. (cut back on taps this year with a new baby arrivel in January and three others ages 6 and 4) anywho my question is an up coming auction has a 500 gal stainless steal tank listed. I don't know what condition it is in, just saw the listing. Assuming it is in good shape what would be a good auction price to pay for an item like this.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
04-07-2005, 08:22 AM
Guess it depends on what kind of tank it is and make sure it is food grade and hasn't had chemicals stored in it. The dairy tanks seem to go for around $ 1 per gallon, so give it a shot. Might get it for 200 to 300 bucks or it might go for 1200, hard to tell about something at an auction. It is usually one extreme or the other! :?

forester1
04-07-2005, 08:23 AM
I've seen dealers in the last couple years sell them for $1 a gallon which is about the scrap steel price. With the rise in steel the last couple years they might be worth more than that at a dealer now. I don't know the current going rate but if you really want that size and it is in nice shape, less than $1 a gallon would be a good price.

brookledge
04-07-2005, 06:22 PM
Anyone who knows what they can get for scrap price will probably not sell for less than $1.00 per gallon. Sad to see good tanks going to the shredder but I did talk to a guy who had one a while ago and that was what he was going to do. Seems like used tanks never go up in price. 1.00 per gal has been the going rate for along time.
Keith