PDA

View Full Version : Labels

themapleking
04-06-2005, 07:36 PM
Wondering where some of you get your personal labels made. Right now I'm making them with the computer but the ink and labels are not very durable.

brookledge
04-06-2005, 07:46 PM
There are adds in the maple digest. I've made some of my labels in the past but don't any more as they don't hold up very well. Usually the ink runs or fades and the label looks like crap. Or you can go to your local print shop or office supply store. They will cost a little more but stand up to the moisture and sunlight. Its always cheaper per label to buy larger quanities so buy what you will need for a few years.
Keith

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
04-06-2005, 08:12 PM
I buy mine from current and artistic labels. The last ones I got were from artistic. I usually get 600 of them for around $ 6.95 with dispenser! Nothing fancy, but all I need! :D

murferd
04-06-2005, 08:35 PM
I make ours on floppy disk label paper & print on a color laser.Seems alot better than last year when I printed them on my inkjet. They fit most of our bottles quite well.

sweetwoodmaple
04-06-2005, 08:51 PM
I use Avery Clear mailing labels (made of plastic) on a laser printer with not problems as far as durability. They even survive moderate washing and hot filling of the jugs.

I use the 18660 available at Walmart.

Brian

mapleman3
04-06-2005, 09:59 PM
I'm doing exactly the same as sweetmaple, the clear laser labels are the best I have found, they stand up to anything!! about $22 for a packege of 750, I do them at work 8O