PDA

View Full Version : Leader Pan

VT maple maker
09-29-2010, 12:30 PM
Ive contacted Leader 2 or 3 times in the last several weeks via email looking for a rough price on a new back pan for my rig. The pan on it now is tin, it still boils like crazy and doesnt leak but I thought I would at least look into a new rear pan and see if its feasable. Leader has not contacted me once in about a 3 week time period. Has anyone else had problems with them responding to emails?

Jeff E
09-29-2010, 03:57 PM
Sometimes it took a day or three. Give them a call, that is the best way to get an answer.

farmall h
09-29-2010, 04:52 PM
I suggest you call them directly.

lew
09-29-2010, 05:26 PM
Or you could call your local Leader dealer. He is more hungry for business than Leader itself and, if he's any good, should get you an answer right away as to whether or not they can get one built by spring. They may even have a trade in sitting on the floor. I ordered a new 5x14 max flue pan last year at their open house and was surprised when it was delivered the end of Oct. Ordering now may not be too late, but i would get it done soon. Your local dealer will know who to contact for the right information.

Killington Maple
09-29-2010, 06:06 PM
I called Leader 4 months ago about building a door replacement that would handle a oil burner for my inferno arch. Spoke with their foreman in the shop. Said he knew exactly what I was looking for. Never heard back from him!
You will get much better results talking to Bill or Tom in Rutland, Because they really care! 802 775 5411

allgreenmaple
09-29-2010, 07:20 PM
I called Leader 4 months ago about building a door replacement that would handle a oil burner for my inferno arch. Spoke with their foreman in the shop. Said he knew exactly what I was looking for. Never heard back from him!
You will get much better results talking to Bill or Tom in Rutland, Because they really care! 802 775 5411 Good guys in Rutland, have ordered thru them before......

Killington Maple
09-30-2010, 02:48 AM
We need a Bill and Tom Fan Club!

DrTimPerkins
09-30-2010, 07:53 AM
Like with any business, you need to find the right people to make sure things go right. I've never used their website to order, so no idea how it works, other than it is fairly new redesign. As someone suggested, a phone call seems to work best with Leader....email sometimes works, sometime doesn't. If you call the Leader Evaporator Co. plant/store, you'd need to chat with a salesman -- Brad, Bruce, or Randy -- to actually place an order. Although you could talk to any of the folks out in the shop about technical stuff, they don't actually place the orders, talk prices, or put something into the fabrication schedule. Talking with someone out in the shop is like speaking to a mechanic at the car dealer to order a new car.....it just won't work very well. Pretty much all the maple equipment dealers are the same way....chat with the right person and you get good service. So if you have a technical question, ask the technicians/shop folks. Thinking about ordering something...talk to the salespeople.

VT maple maker
10-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Looks like I might be sticking with the flue pan thats on the old girl for a couple of years. A 40" X 8' stainless flue pan is $7,060.00. Man I love sugaring but thats pretty crazy. Oh well, that old tin pan makes some delicious syrup either way. I guess ill keep it old school for now. Thanks for the tips guys.

Haynes Forest Products
10-02-2010, 05:43 PM
Call CDL and have them build a replacement. I have my 3rd pan coming from them and they are the best when it comes to getting it done the way I wanted it done and fast too. Find a good CDL dealer and get a relationship going and you wont be diapointed:) I sent them my Waterloo Small and they copied it to a T and its customized to my needs.